Missing the camera shortcut on lockscreen

aznxpsyko

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I noticed in the lollipop promo video for the Z3 on Sony's website includes 3 shortcut icons on the lockscreen. Bottom left is the phonebook, bottom middle is the lock icon, and bottom right is the camera icon. It seems like it should come standard since it is on my friends phones too. However, on my phone I have all of them except for the camera short cut. This is kind of upsetting because I actually did use that shortcut quite often on kit kat. I've gone through every single menu in the settings, and can't anything related to the lock screen. Any help?

asdf.png

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed in the lollipop promo video for the Z3 on Sony's website includes 3 shortcut icons on the lockscreen. Bottom left is the phonebook, bottom middle is the lock icon, and bottom right is the camera icon. It seems like it should come standard since it is on my friends phones too. However, on my phone I have all of them except for the camera short cut. This is kind of upsetting because I actually did use that shortcut quite often on kit kat. I've gone through every single menu in the settings, and can't anything related to the lock screen. Any help?

View attachment 168853

Are you not able to go in to settings, lock screen, lock screen shortcuts, and add the camera?

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the camera button on the bottom right side of the phone?

Now that I know it's there, I prefer it to the button on the screen to start the camera app. I can also use it to take a picture. Much easier to use than trying to poke the screen when you're holding the phone at a weird angle and can't see the screen.

aznxpsyko

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Omg I finally figured it out.. It was NOT under phone settings at all, in fact, there was nothing related to customizing the lockscreen on the settings which I thought was odd. It actually was under the camera app, settings > quick launch. Turns out it was disabled the whole time.

Thank you again everyone for the input and support.. Now I like my phone even more haha!

Bagginz24

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELPING.......I just did as you said and Voila 😃😃😃😀😀😀😀 it appeared on my lockscreen. Thanks man

mikkibalateer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to find the camera settings anywhere please help me :(
I have the same problem on my LG G3, the camera shortcut was there when I first had my phone then one day i noticed that it was gone. Then earlier today I did a factory reset in hopes that the shortcut will show up again and it did. Then after a few hours of tweaking my phone it vanished again!! I know there's a shortcut using the volume button but I really prefer the lockscreen shortcut :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair