Keep wifi on setting?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Been reading up on this setting on the z3 and not sure what the best option to choose cause I'm worried about battery life and also using mobile data. I want conserve mobile data cause recently I've been going overboard with it. So would keeping wifi on while sleeping stop the phone using my mobile data?

Sorry in just confused!

jm38

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello!
If you really want the phone not using mobile data your best choice is to disable mobile data. It is not clear what you call sleeping in your question. Is it you or the phone? If it is you (night sleep) the best way to preserve phone battery at night is simply to enable plane mode during night. I do this and the my phone usually use 1 to 3% of battery during a whole night. (My phone is a GS5 but you get the idea).

If you are worried about the phone data/power consumption while it is not used what you can do is install an app called gsam battery monitor (sorry I cannot post links) which will provide you details about what app/stuff consummed battery (and data). This can help you detect if an application is consumming a lot of data. You also have more basic information in the phone settings.

Most of the "big" data consummer app have setting so that they do not use mobile data but wifi instead (eg drop box, photo upload,...).
Hope this helps.
JM

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, i meant keep wifi on during sleep - as in the phone. But tink you're right, maybe turning off mobile data is the answer

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have wifi always on to allow all the push services to get thru without using mobile data. It doesn't seem to affect battery life much. I still get almost 2 days (11 hours screen on according to gsam). That's with most bloat disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12