How to permenently prevent updated to Lollipop? I want to update

ImpalerPLM

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
hi, simple question, how the heck do I get rid of attempts to trick me into upgrading to this useless lollipop version. I see nothing good in it. only slowdowns and complications.

I once disabled automatic updates and disabled the update center application. but once my phone had to be rebooted and the update center app turned back itself on and moreover began downloading lollipop update. but in time I saw that and disabled wifi, and killed of that app. the update already downloaded ~300 megs of update data. where is it stored so I could delete it off of the internal memory? and what else should I do to be safe from lollipop in the future? I really really really really dont like it. :'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you gain root access to your device, that should stop it, chances are higher if you root and install a custom recovery.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
hi, simple question, how the heck do I get rid of attempts to trick me into upgrading to this useless lollipop version. I see nothing good in it. only slowdowns and complications.

I once disabled automatic updates and disabled the update center application. but once my phone had to be rebooted and the update center app turned back itself on and moreover began downloading lollipop update. but in time I saw that and disabled wifi, and killed of that app. the update already downloaded ~300 megs of update data. where is it stored so I could delete it off of the internal memory? and what else should I do to be safe from lollipop in the future? I really really really really dont like it. :'(
It's normally set to download only when connected to Wi-Fi so I'm not too concerned with the data consumption. I let it download once and then I simply unchecked the Notification permission for the Update Center app in Settings. The notification disappeared and I can ignore Lollicrap until I decide to add back notifications for that app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908