How can I use tap to wake with Lollipop?

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
tap to wake with lollipop?

With android 4, it seems that tapping the screen would unlock the device and take straight to the homescreen (there is no pin or passcode on the device). Since android 5, tapping the screen just wakes up the display and shows the lockscreen, rather than the homescreen. Any idea if this can be changed?

Thanks

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: tap to wake with lollipop?

Go to settings - display - then the last option is "tap to wake up".

Very handy option!

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, but this is already on. Still, it no longers allow me to bypass the lockscreen, and to end up directly on the homescreen after double tapping. I guess it's no longer possible to do so.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh I see what you mean. Yes I have the same issue! It was better before lollipop. Now there is an extra step. Has anyone found a way around this?

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
7plymaple, do you have another user account set up on your phone by any chance? I was wondering if it could be related (I have one). But maybe it's just because of how notifications work in lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
7plymaple, do you have another user account set up on your phone by any chance? I was wondering if it could be related (I have one). But maybe it's just because of how notifications work in lollipop.

There is a guest account that appeared after the lollipop update. I don't want it there but can't get rid of it. You might be onto something there.

They made it so easy to open the camera from locked. Why would they add the extra step to unlock?

steve115

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Go into settings, then security, screen lock, then select none and when you double tap it goes straight to home screen

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Go into settings, then security, screen lock, then select none and when you double tap it goes straight to home screen

There is no "none" option. And that would only get rid of the lock screen not the notification screen we're talking about here. Right now you are taken to a notification screen then the security screen where you have to at least swipe if not draw a pattern or put in a pin.

It would be nice if the double tap would take you straight to the security screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez