Why isn't my Micro SD card read by my computer or phone?

A

AC Question

Micro SD card not read by computer or Phone.

I have an Xperia Z3 Smartphone running android 5.0.2 Lollipop which is the latest so far and i have a 128 GB sandisk micro SD card and i formatted it from the phone so it runs well with my android and i put all my music files etc. on it and took it out to put in an adapter so i can transfer quicker to the computer and the computer did not recognise it and now the phone wont recognise it either. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Micro SD card not read by computer or Phone.

Welcome to Android Central! Before you removed it from your phone, did you Unmount it in the Settings>Storage menu? Removing an SD card without Unmounting it first is like removing a USB flash drive from your computer without Ejecting first--you run the risk of corrupting the card if it was in the middle of a write process.

When you say the computer doesn't recognize it, is there absolutely nothing in Windows Explorer? Or does it show up but not read anything? If it shows up, try running chkdsk: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

President YZY

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Hi
Yes i unmounted the card so its safe to remove . placed it in the usb adapter placed it in the computer. the PC made a noise and the removable disk icon came up. i click on it and it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:)" i used the chkdsk to try and fix but it says for the USB. No media and 0 bytes size and 0 bytes free available on it. i tried to clean it and it says "There is no media in the device" and i'm stuck there.

President YZY

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

is there no way of recovering this card? i did not need to recover anything as there were just music files on it. i dont need to recover anything just want to restore the card as it cost me quite a bit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sandisk is good with their warranty. Check here to make sure your card is still covered: Warranty table.
Their warranty information is here, along with the toll free number to call: Warranty Americas

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

A 128GB card would still be under warranty (the shortest one is 5 years). Fill out the RMA request form at SanDisk Online RMA Request to speed things up a little.

PhotoRec will recover just about any file on just bout any medium - but the medium (the card, in this case) has to be recognized by the computer's operating system. Since yours can't be, it has to be replaced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie