Z3 or S6 Edge

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I always have an iphone and an Android device. Its time to get a new android (Jump) I just took out the S6 Edge which is very cool but the battery life is debatable. I also find holding the phone to be difficult. At one point I had a Z2 and loved it. I'm tempted to return the S6 and replace it with a Z3 (T-Mobile). I'm just worried that the Z3+ might be about to come out. Any thoughts on the difference in performance between these phones? My gut tells me not much. I know the camera is very comparable (The reviews favor the S6 but they are close enough in my world). The screen is also comparable in my opinion. Battery life is a no brainer. Will I feel the lag on the Z3 vs. S6 or those of you that have played with both feel it is comparable? I suspect they are comparable. The problem with most reviews is that they feel forced to give the edge to one phone or the other instead of saying what to me is the truth, many features should be classified as "too close to call". Thoughts on my debate? I'm mostly worried about Z3+ being much better or maybe t-mobile will not carry it and I'll just be stuck waiting.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
i'd choose the Z3 over the Z3+ anytime, the no.1 reason being the Snapdragon 810 overheating, the speakers aren't better, the battery seems to have downgraded just a little......PLUS THAT PRICE LOL, the advantages of the Z3+ are the uncovered usb port, it's a marginally thinner than the Z3, 5.1 front facing camera, and it has better touchscreen response when wet, i've had a Z3 and for me, the Z3+ doesn't justify the price.
Check out this guy's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgg8SEtKpVY

on his channel he's got comparisons between speakers,display,etc.

BUT...if i had the S6 EDGE...hmmm....i'll keep it for sure LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnLsvsVUmM

Last edited:

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you had a Z2 you pretty much already know what you'd be getting.

I just convinced my friend to upgrade his G2 to a G4 and it's a very nice option to consider as well.

I really enjoy my Z3 overall and lollipop for me has fixed the bugs this phone had at launch. It's a very good phone now. Great battery, great speakers, plenty nice screen, camera can be amazing but not on par with the S6 or G4, front camera is pretty basic, UI runs snappy.

The only real thing I don't like is the USB flap which the Z4/3+ addresses. However it's unlikely T-Mobile will carry it so you'd have to get an international model.

Sony Z3 via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, T-Mo only started carrying the Z3 in November so it is still pretty fresh. I really like the Z3 on TMo, works great for me and I recommend it. Also, TMo did not carry the Z2 so maybe they are skipping versions. I am also suspicious of the SD 810 and reported over-heating issues. I'm not sure the 810 part is ready for prime time yet.

I'm also suspicious of the battery life on the S6 and S6 Edge....reports are very mixed. With the Z3, no such confusion....you will get at least 1 day and probably much more. I average two days between charges. I suspect the Samsung Galaxy S6 series needs that fast charging so you can make it through a day.

My thoughts, hope they help.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
As said above, the Z3 came to t-mobile in November so it's likely got a few more months of shelf life.

I would like to see t-mobile continue to carry Sony phones because they're a great option. I just can't see them replacing the 3 with the 3+, it's the same phone basically and they would have to bump the pricing back up to iPhone, S6, M6 & G4 levels. It's at a good price point now because it's cheaper than all the other flagships.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood why t-mobile really does not promote one of the best phones they have and its and exclusive. The Z3 is killer at the price they are selling it.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The Z3 will lag less than the S6, I guarantee it. My wife had the S6 and my humble Z3 runs better. Like others have mentioned the Z3's camera is good, but showing its age compared to the S6 and G4.

I love LG phones and have owned every version of the G series, including the new G4. Except for the camera, I actually like my Z3 better. Which is weird for me to say because I love switching phones because I often get bored. But for whatever reason I have settled on the Z3 and am content for the first time in a very long time.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It was announced last week that TMo took down the Z3, no explanation given. So, at this time TMo is not selling the Z3.....which is disappointing.

They probably still have them in stores. Maybe they really are going to carry the Z3+ /Z4.

I hope they decide to, the O-Ring on the battery door just cracked on me so I'll have to install the replacement. The new phones flapless design is much desired for me or having wireless Qi.

I still like the overall design, Ui, features of what Sony is doing quite a bit.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I try the HTC m9 was a failure and now the xperia z3 I say go Samsung I never saw it till today it's fast and runs smoothly and a very vibrant screen and ease of use I liked the s6 edge

Posted via the Android Central App xperia z3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar