Xperia Z3 - Mic Issues

aznxpsyko

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Ever since the new 5.1.1 update, I've been having issues with my mic on the other end of phone convo. Whenever I make a call or receive one, people cannot hear me at all and nothing goes through. This happens occasionally, but it is starting to happen more often and its pretty annoying ;(.

If I restart my phone, the problem goes away temporarily. I was tinkering around, and i found that if i put my phone on speaker and then back to mic, it would work. But I dont want to do that for every phone call.

My phone is a Sony Xperia Z3 and is running on stock 5.1.1 lollipop, nothing is rooted. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I've been having the same issue. Rebooting helps, but it comes back eventually, and it annoys me. Do you have any call recording apps installed, or anything that could take control of the mic? Just asking cos I did but uninstalled it. It also turned the mic off on my video setting for some reasons, and yes it's since 5.1.1

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

aznxpsyko

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I've been having the same issue. Rebooting helps, but it comes back eventually, and it annoys me. Do you have any call recording apps installed, or anything that could take control of the mic? Just asking cos I did but uninstalled it. It also turned the mic off on my video setting for some reasons, and yes it's since 5.1.1

Glad I'm not the only one, I thought that my phone was infected by that stagefreight exploit or something.. I don't have any recording apps, in fact I don't think I have even installed any apps prior to this problem :/

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was physical damage until I realised that wen I phoned people they couldn't hear me, but when they phoned me they could. It altinates but it had to be OS or apps because it's fixed by a reboot most of the time. It's a pain though...

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
hey i have simillar issue not only after the damn update i cant hear nothing on the other end now when i talk on my plantronics bluetooth the personim talking to hardly can hear me this is bull**** and my phone in not rooted from tmobile,

i wish i never download lollipop!!!!

djfranmoreno

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same Issue and realize that the real problem relies on the Google app. If you disable the "OK Google" recognition on any screen the mic will work as is..

djfranmoreno

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same Issue and realize that the real problem relies on Google app. If you disable the "OK Google" recognition on any screen the mic will function as it is..

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same Issue and realize that the real problem relies on Google app. If you disable the "OK Google" recognition on any screen the mic will function as it is..
Thank you, I totally forgot about the "Ok Google" problem. Hopefully this might stop messing up now. I had disabled OK Goggle from any screen but it must have been turned back on when the phone got upgraded ro 5.1.1

Binod Dangol1

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
is the issue solved
i started having this issue after i travelled long distance(24 hrs) by bus with places where there was no network connection
i noticed the other morning when i received calls and i could hear them shouting on the other side but they could not hear me
plz solve the issue

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just received my new z3 today and I've been having the issue too. I did a few hard resets and only had the issue after the software on board updated. Specifically I think it's the google app as well. I just uninstalled the update and turned off the ok google selection and it seems like it's working again. Anyone else still having this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech