Can I get some help with some Z3 charging problems?

kevker

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
z3 charging problems

Ok, so I have a slightly strange problem here. All this started happening about two weeks ago, up until then everything worked fine.

I have a brodit active mount for my z3 in my car. This is designed specifically for the z3 so charging shouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't. I would dock it and it would charge just fine, about 1% per minute if not slightly faster. The all of a sudden it just stops charging. It detects it is docked and the charging symbol comes up, the phone chirps as it should, but it will only ever maintain it's charge, never add to it. UNLESS, there is 90% or more charge in the battery, in which case it will happily charge to 100%. If I use just a usb cable to charge, it does the same thing. All this is done through the cigarette lighter/power power on car, not the usb connector for connecting to music.

I have now tried this on another car and it doesn exactly the same thing. Phone charges perfectly on mains, so I know it's something to do with the car power, but I'm at a loss considering it was working fine, i've tried a few chargers and a couple of cars.

Any ideas?

Thanking you all muchly in advance.