Looking for a Z3 case that covers magnetic charging port.

fatbob73

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

I never charge my Z3 using the magnetic port so therefore I'm looking for a Z3 case that covers magnetic charging port. Even better if it also covers the flap that houses the micro SD and SIM card. I rarely need to open that flap. Preferably a slim case (either leather or some other soft material), not something like a big bulky OtterBox.

Thanks!

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If you are looking for a more premium case Check out the Tech21 Tactical case. Very low profile, covers the magnetic charging port (which is why I don't use mine that much), has a very comfortable feel and I believe it also covers the SIM port. The case is designed to provide excellent drop protection without adding bulkiness and it seems to work......not that I make it a habit of dropping my phones.......GRIN.

Here's a link to help in your search: Sony Xperia Z3 Tech 21 Impact Tactical Case - Black | T-Mobile

It's a link to the Tmo site who seems to be blowing them out now that they have discontinued the Z3. Saw similar prices on Amazon.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for a more premium case Check out the Tech21 Tactical case. Very low profile, covers the magnetic charging port (which is why I don't use mine that much), has a very comfortable feel and I believe it also covers the SIM port. The case is designed to provide excellent drop protection without adding bulkiness and it seems to work......not that I make it a habit of dropping my phones.......GRIN.

Here's a link to help in your search: Sony Xperia Z3 Tech 21 Impact Tactical Case - Black | T-Mobile

It's a link to the Tmo site who seems to be blowing them out now that they have discontinued the Z3. Saw similar prices on Amazon.

Great case for the Z3. I got mine off amazon or ebay (can't remember which) ) for $14.00 shipped. Love this case.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting case. I'll take a closer look. I wonder if it's still a little too bulky.

Not bulky at all. The slim nature of this case is what I love. I used the version of this case for my Z1s for almost two years.....that was before I discovered the convenience of the magnetic charging port and why I don't use it as much on my Z3. It is a great case.

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Last edited: