How can I fix an XZ3 magnetic charging problem?

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
XZ3 Magnetic Charging Problem

Just wanna ask about my problem/trouble with my XZ3s magnetic charging port.
Since I bought my phone, I charge it through the micro usb port. Knowing that frequent opening of the flaps may lead to compromising the waterproofing of the device, I planned to utilize the magnetic charging port of the ZX3.
I bought a WSKEN Magnetic Charging Cable the other day. I tried it with my XZ3 and found it hard to use. I have to tilt it a bit on the side to make it work. At first I thought the problem was the WSKEN Magnetic Charging Cable. I went back to the store where I bought it from and asked for a replacement. After testing it, the problem was still the same.

Yesterday, I tried the WSKEN Magnetic Charging Cable I bought with my office mate's Z3 phone. It was a perfect fit and without any problems!

Today, I tried 2 different magnetic chargers and experienced the same. It needs to be tilted to work.

I find it very frustrating since this is only a 1-month old phone.

Now I went to a Sony expert friend and enlightened me that this is a real rare case in XZ3s that happens to very few XZ3 units. He showed me that by pressing beside the magnetic charging port makes it normal. He explained that there is a clearance with the contact points inside the unit. He advised me to bring it to Sony Service Center which I'm already decided to do.

Now, may I inquire on how much will it cost me for the repair of this kind of problem with my beloved XZ3?

Or is there any other way to solve the issue without having to bring my unit to Sony Service Center?

I hope I receive a positive response.

Thank you.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: XZ3 Magnetic Charging Problem

OP, call up the Sony center and see if you can exercise your warranty and have the unit replaced. I understand your friend explained the situation behind it, but it's still a defect.

The Sony center would be the best person to give you a price quote for repair. You can also ask your reputable local cell phone repair shop as compare prices.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt