Sony Experia Z3. Screen is broken. How can I recover my phones data?

A

AC Question

Sony Experia Z3. Screen is broken.

Hey. My phone just broke and I cant get access to pictures, numbers and so on. Sony companion isnt much for help because they want me to unlock the screen. but I cant. I have tried a OTG cable as well and that doenst work either. what can i do to recover my phones data?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sony Experia Z3. Screen is broken.

Yeah it's a fail safe that you can't access the phone data while locked. Meanwhile what kind of lock we're you using? If it's pattern, better, if it's pin, ok, but if it's password, you might be boned. Anyway just because the display isn't working doesn't mean your digitizer isn't working. That's the glass over the LED that actually accepts your touch inputs. If you are using pattern or pin, power on the device and plug it into your PC, then wake the phone with the power button as you normally would and guess the location of the pattern buttons or pin pad. You've done this enough times by now that you should be able to do it with your eyes closed I'm sure. Between attempts check the pc and see if you have access. I caution not to make too many failed attempts. If you don't get it within 3 tries power the device off and wait a few minutes and then repeat the process. If you're still unable to access your digitizer may be too damaged. Even if it's cracked or splintered it may still work. They are incredible and I've seen some that you wonder how it's even possible but be careful cause the shards can be very small and hurt like he'll going into the tip of your finger. Don't use tape to remove the shards because this can pull big sections of glass and may create gaps that will stop you from successfully entering your password.

Aside from that if you were using Google backup you may still have at minimum your photos and vids and at best a few other things. You can see what Google wad backing up by logging into your Google account online and searching backup.

You may also be able to unlock your phone with device manager. I know you can do some different things with it by logging into your Google account and searching device manager. I just thought of that, cause I think you can disable your password with it too.

Posted via the Android Central App