Why do my text notifications vanish from the notification bar?

A

AC Question

Why do my text notifications vanish from the notification bar? Lollipop

Yesterday I was prompted to update my Sony Xperia Vz3 to Lollipop. I was excited because I love android and with every release I cant wait to see what comes next. Except this time. Everything else works so far so good, except my text notifications. I'm not having the same problems as anyone else, I've searched all forums high and low and don't seem to be able to find anything similar. Here's an example....
A text comes in, I hear the sound, I see the notification come up in the bar up top, then all of a sudden is just disappears for no reason. Usually an unread text leaves a number on top of the messaging app icon, but it doesn't anymore. I've watched it pop up on the icon then disappear just like in the top bar. And now half the time if I don't hear the sound ill never know I had a text because the messages seem to be on auto-read. I've gone through every setting a half dozen times, and nothing seems to change it. It is driving me NUTS. All other notifications are fine. They pop up and stay there until I make them go away. Anyone have any idea at all what's going on?

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why do my text notifications vanish from the notification bar? Lollipop

I don't know if this will help, but try going Settings->Sound&Notifications->App Notifications. Check the settings for Messaging. You'll want to make sure that "Block" is not turned on.

Snapphane

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do my text notifications vanish from the notification bar? Lollipop

I have noticed that notifications are "better" on 6.0. If I swipe away a notification on the lock screen, it still stays in the tray. But I also see that some notifications seems to vanish from the top bar when I've seen them, but they stay in the tray.

Not sure if this is the issue you are seeing? But notifications are definitely changed and in my opinion they are better. But can be confusing😊