Voicemail setup

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I want to add my voicemail password to *86...any clue how?

It would appear this is not editable on the Z3v. I was able to do this on my Moto X (2013) very easily by adding ,,xxxx# after the *86.

Anyone?

Thanks

Jeff

Binh77

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't figure it out either. However, in the process of trying to find out I did find out that vzw has included basic visual voicemail for free with the z3v.

It's pretty cool, you can read voicemails and play back from the voicemail app itself without having to log into your voice mail itself. So I haven't dialed into my voicemail to log in since using visual voicemail.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't figure it out either. However, in the process of trying to find out I did find out that vzw has included basic visual voicemail for free with the z3v.

It's pretty cool, you can read voicemails and play back from the voicemail app itself without having to log into your voice mail itself. So I haven't dialed into my voicemail to log in since using visual voicemail.

How do you set it up to READ them?

Binh77

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
If I remember correctly, all I did was click on the big red Verizon voice-mail app icon and it took care of the rest. Then whenever someone leaves you a msg, all you have to do is open up the voicemail via the app and click on the number that left the msg and it should automatically be transcribed for you. You'll see a play button if you want to hear it. Never have to log into to hear the msg either.

Unfortunately, I can't post a link yet, but there's the important part of the link if you copy and paste into your url:

verizonwireless.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I am only seeing the option to play the audio of the voice mail, not the text. Maybe that is something my company shuts down (like face recognition).

Oh well, it'e beats dialing in.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
To transcribe voice mail to text you need to sign up for premium voice mail which is 2.99 a month.

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just set up my visual voicemail. I thought I was signing up for the free basic version, but it looks like I signed up to the free trial premium version. Great, how do I cancel this so I don't get charged?
Screenshot (07_56PM, Dec 18, 2014).jpg

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I just set up my visual voicemail. I thought I was signing up for the free basic version, but it looks like I signed up to the free trial premium version. Great, how do I cancel this so I don't get charged?
View attachment 155573

My wife did the same. They should text you on day 28 to see if you want to continue at 2.99/month.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 155573

You should be able to sign into your account on the Verizon website. Find the features page for your phone. You can switch to basic visual there if you want to do it now.

bcrules82

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's a comparison of the different VZW voicemail offerings
Voice Mail Comparisons | Verizon Wireless

Basic (free) Visual Voicemail is still a great deal more useful than the alternative.
Being as how it's already included with other services (T-Mobile, iPhones, Google Voice, etc) I think they added it to stay competitive.
note: GV transcribes for free ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2