Black screen and won't turn on....

PFonte4

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
No idea what happened today but I had it on my wireless charger in the car(never any issues) and the phone rings and I answer and talk for about 10 minutes and poof. Screen goes black and won't turn on at all. They are sending brand new one.

Anyone ever have that happen before?

Posted via the Android Central App

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine just had the screen shut off and will not turn back on. Wasn't on a charger and its less than a day old.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me once.
Try holding Power and Volume Down buttons.
This should bring you to the safe boot menu.

How'd you get it to shut off first?
Holding Power and Volume Down buttons just causes a single vibrate and nothing to show up. Unless its because I am not able to shut it down first.

Last edited:

Hemdroids

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
How'd you get it to shut off first?
Holding Power and Volume Down buttons just causes a single vibrate and nothing to show up. Unless its because I am not able to shut it down first.

My phone just had the same exact issue. Holding down power and volume worked, but you need to hold it down for a while. It will vibrate after a little and then after a little longer the Sony screen will come on and bring you to the boot up menu. Gave me the option for factory reset, start up as normal, start up in safe mode, and one more that I forget. Went with start up as normal first and it started up fine. Phone seems to be working now, not sure what caused this. I was also having issues with my phone randomly resetting in the past, so may be related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463