Not reading MicroSD Card?

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a 64GB MicroSD card for my music. First Z3v read it fine, but the screen died on that one (in less than a day) and the replacement is not currently wanting to read it. I even formatted the card in the phone and it says 1.00B total space. Any one have a clue what could cause this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anything else read the card? What happens when you insert it into your computer? Can you see anything with the computer's file browser? Try running chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

It's possible that when you took the card out of the malfunctioning phone, it might have become corrupted if you didn't unmount it first (which would have been difficult to do, since you couldn't access the Settings>Storage​ menu in order to unmount it).

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Can anything else read the card? What happens when you insert it into your computer? Can you see anything with the computer's file browser? Try running chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

It's possible that when you took the card out of the malfunctioning phone, it might have become corrupted if you didn't unmount it first (which would have been difficult to do, since you couldn't access the Settings>Storage​ menu in order to unmount it).

Works fine in my phone, I transferred all my music to it after formatting it in the phone. Currently doing a long format, but it should have worked w/o that too.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried your SD card on other phones? I suggest you to use 32 GB memory card, if your phone capacity is 64 GB. Otherwise, your phone will become slow and get hung. I think it is the problem of your SD card.

Worked fine in my Note 3, and the phone supports up to a 128GB MicroSD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech