Pictures from the z3v Camera???

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Most phones have a forum showing pictures they took.
Can people post some pics they took with this phone please?

I saw a review somewhere and the pics looked REALLY bad. animals were blurry, no details, etc.
Some reviews say the sky just washes out ... (with outdoor pics)

I want to buy this phone, but I'm just not sure about it yet.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you expose the picture wrong, you can get all of those errors. Cameras aren't just point and shoot - you have to know quite a bit about photography (and have a camera app on which you can lock the settings) to set your camera up to take decent pictures by just snapping away.

Washed-out sky? Overexposed. Blurry? Either the photographer moved (everything is blurry) or the shutter speed is too slow (one object is blurry - it was moving during the exposure). No details? An exposure problem again.

If a $3 Kodak box camera can take good pictures (and I've seen some great shots taken with one), a camera with an adjustable lens and shutter can take even better ones. If the person taking the pictures knows how to take pictures. (An automatic camera generally takes automatically mediocre pictures. To take good pictures takes a person who knows something about photography. To take great pictures takes someone like Ansel Adams [who once demonstrated how to take great pictures with a plastic Kodak Brownie - the camera you used to give kids as their first camera.) Look at Dorothea Lange's pictures of the Depression era and you'll see that it's what's between the photographer's ears, not what's between her hands, that makes the pictures great.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
No flash, another quick shot. I think this phone takes good photos but that's my opinion.

Posted via the Sony Xperia Z3v

Attachments

• DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 67

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I just figured out I can post more than one photo in my replies, Lol. Okay I'm done now.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys just using the Auto setting with those pictures?
One of the reviews mentioned that unless you go into Manual Mode, the camera defaulted to a 8mp, manual mode was the only way to access the 20mp side.

Thank you for those photos tho. They look pretty good to me.

I have a Note 4 and the pictures are pretty fantastic as well. I am considering buying the Sony and having both, but I will decide which phone to keep before the 14 day return.

I really seemed to like some of the Sony stuff on the phone while playing with the demo at the vzw store.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If you expose the picture wrong, you can get all of those errors. Cameras aren't just point and shoot - you have to know quite a bit about photography (and have a camera app on which you can lock the settings) to set your camera up to take decent pictures by just snapping away.

Washed-out sky? Overexposed. Blurry? Either the photographer moved (everything is blurry) or the shutter speed is too slow (one object is blurry - it was moving during the exposure). No details? An exposure problem again.

If a $3 Kodak box camera can take good pictures (and I've seen some great shots taken with one), a camera with an adjustable lens and shutter can take even better ones. If the person taking the pictures knows how to take pictures. (An automatic camera generally takes automatically mediocre pictures. To take good pictures takes a person who knows something about photography. To take great pictures takes someone like Ansel Adams [who once demonstrated how to take great pictures with a plastic Kodak Brownie - the camera you used to give kids as their first camera.) Look at Dorothea Lange's pictures of the Depression era and you'll see that it's what's between the photographer's ears, not what's between her hands, that makes the pictures great.

Thanks for the lecture, but I know there is an 'art' to taking a Good photo.
Reviews on phones are normally always just using the auto mode. The iPhone 6+ and Note 4 seem to do very well in this mode.

These are on on auto mode and taken with Note 4 or iPhone 6+

Nike purple.jpg
Note 4 indoors at night. Store lighting.

Purple flower.jpg
Note 4 outside a starbucks, daylight outside.

G iphone.jpg
indoors, daylight hours. iPhone 6+

b iphone.jpg
iPhone 6+ indoors.

All of those are 100% untouched and on auto setting.
I just want to know if the Sony can look as good as those on auto.
If I were a photographer, I too could make any camera look great with a great deal of work involved in each shot, but my cat isn't going to lay on the step while I set up a Tripod, external flash, and make sure I am getting the correct exposure, lighting and angle.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
All my photos shown were using the auto mode all set to default (which is 8MP I believe). I sometimes use the google camera app and I can get really good photos from it but I have to try harder than I would on my friends iPhone 6 for instance.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
different sensor or everyone would be claiming Sony phones take the best pictures instead of iPhone 6.
And camera software plays a large part as well.

happymealer

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you decide? I currently have a Z3v and the pictures aren't as good as I'd hoped for / expected. I've seen pictures taken with the Note 4 and think it might be what I want.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the Z3v and the camera is great if you set it up correctly. Heres a picture I took on manual mode outside during a snow storm:

Attachments

• IMG_20150106_151106.jpg
    IMG_20150106_151106.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 53

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I bet apple and samsung can't take similar shots ;)
aae8140813bc7ee3d1d0a708f86c397f.jpg

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
@happymealer
I am going to try it soon. I bought my dad an iPhone 6+ but he says he doesn't like it as much as Windows Phone.
So, I had to let him try my Note 4 for a week and I have the iPhone 6+ (which I kind of hate)
Just last night he calls and says he wants an android phone. The iPhone 6+ is on craigslist right now.
When I sell it, I am buying the z3v to try it out. If I don't like it, I am going to try Droid Turbo.

That way I can switch out phones with dad whenever I want. He thinks thats a great idea since he really likes android.
He now wants to try all the android devices out there haha. I have created a monster.

Just want to say thanks for posting pictures. The Sony camera doesn't look as good as the Note 4 or iPhone 6+ but not bad either.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
People should post MORE pictures on this forum. It think it's the ONLY phone forum that doesn't have a dedicated stickied area for pictures.
All the other phones do.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
National anthem at last weekends playoff game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay WI

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421485795442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421485795442.jpg
    943.5 KB · Views: 48

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads