So it looks like Lollipop in February!

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This thread touches on one of three reasons why I abandoned this otherwise great phone (shortly before accidentally dropping it and killing it): horrible aftermarket support, poor technical support (or lack thereof online for this model), horrible carrier software support. I've been dragged to the dark side...tempted and took a bite of the apple...

Not only did my wife & I leave our Z3vs, we left Verizon due to the phone and the horrible issues everyone on our account had making & receiving phone calls.

jim165

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sprint, Galaxy S6s (although I do wish I had gotten a Nexus 6).

Cool, hope that works out for you. You might be disappointed with that S6 battery, coming from the z3v though. I have a replacement z3v coming but at this point, I think I'm done with android for a little while. Ill keep the z3v as a backup and use it for downloading movies.

ebones5

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I just got off chat with Verizon, they said they have no idea when the update is coming out. He claimed that they didn't release it because of bugs. BS Verizon BS

ebones5

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Sony gave Verizon the update, Verizon can't be bothered to distribute the update. Looks like I'll be rooting when I return from vacation, if there is no update. It's a shame as well, I like the Sony skin.

Last edited:

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
So I called my Verizon business rep and there is no sign of an update in the system. She even put me on speaker when she called Sony to see if they had anything on their end and nothing, so it doesn't look good. They even are offering me to change devices, which I am seriously thinking about doing. (Turbo or Note 4). Anyway take it as it is but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

Shoji1199

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
What bothers me the most I that this phone isnt years old. Their support shouldnt be dropped months after release. My original nexus 7 tablet got major updates for years

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt