Hmmm, Not Impressed with the Z3v

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Z3V today and I have to say it's not that great.
It's Slow when using Google Voice to speak out text messages. Takes it a LONG time to put what I am saying into the message.
Alarms are WAY too quiet, no matter what alarm sound I choose and it's on Max volume.( I use my phone for an alarm clock )
The phone just feels slow. I guess after having the Note 4 I got used to the speed of that phone and this one just can't keep up.
I don't mean it lags. It reminds me of an iPhone where they are hiding the lag behind slow animations.

I thought the waterproofing thing would be cool even tho I never planned on taking it under water, but really the holding the flap out of the way just plug in the charger is just annoying.

Not a bad phone, but I won't be keeping it.... :-\

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Google now for voice dictation and it works instantly.

Alarm sound can be changed to different tone via zedge app(there are some really annoying sounds like screaming cat or air raid siren), but me being a sensitive sleeper a heart beat can wake me so I keep mine at half volume.

For charging I use wireless charger so I never have to bother with the flap.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been stellar with the Z3v. It is incredibly fast and I haven't had a single issue since launch day. I find the Z3v to have a much lighter OS experience than Samsung Touchwhiz.

Did you buy your phone used?

bcrules82

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Z3V today and I have to say it's not that great.
It's Slow when using Google Voice to speak out text messages. Takes it a LONG time to put what I am saying into the message.

Google Voice has been deprecated for texting. Consider switching to Hangouts.
I haven't noticed any slowness/laginess. Can you make a list of what you've installed? Easiest way is to take screenshots of the app tray filtered to "Installed".

I myself didn't switch until I got the Z3v, because my previous Galaxy Nexus was way too slow loading Hangouts. I still used it, but not for quick texts (used GV and stock messenger).

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I took it back. I went back to a Note 4
I was done with it within 24 hours. Took 4-5 hours to charge from 35% to 100% and used 50% battery in 12 hours.
My Note is on 19 hours and still at 70% and charges 10X faster

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience. You must have gotten a lemon. I assume that your charging experience was wired as that would be a long time to charge from 35%. It's actually on par if you were using a qi charger.
My battery life approaches 2 days + better than my buddies turbos.
Hope all works out for you with your new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 does have qualcomm quick charge 2.0 that xperia lacks, hence why it charges faster. But hours and percentages are irrelevant as you can use your phone for 12 hours and lose 50% or you can have phone sitting idle for 19 hours and lose 30%.

bcrules82

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like even with mayconvert's bad experience it was lasting the whole day. Assuming you sleep only 6 hours a day, that's plenty of time to recharge your phone, and it sounds like it was fully functional for the 18 hour day...

Sounds like you simply wanted a different phone or phablet. To me the Note 4 is comically large to be a phone or subtle, then again making calls on it is probably not its primary function, so it's all personal preference.

phrueben

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you just got a bad phone, my Z3v charges from 0 to 100% in 2 hours with the charger and 2.5 hours using qi wireless charging. And it last the whole day.
My only complaint is that it gets hot a lot

Posted via the Android Central App

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 is acceptable. I came from a Note 3 and I like the size.The HTC One Max that my friend has on the other hand.....lawd.....

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Google now for voice dictation and it works instantly.

Alarm sound can be changed to different tone via zedge app(there are some really annoying sounds like screaming cat or air raid siren), but me being a sensitive sleeper a heart beat can wake me so I keep mine at half volume.

For charging I use wireless charger so I never have to bother with the flap.
Xeene, where you been lately? Haven't seen you post in 6 months!