Does Foxfi work on the z3v

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Built-in wireless hotspotting works fine for me. I'm on a tiered data plan, so verizon allows it. My understanding is if you're on an unlimited data plan, you have to use something like foxfi. Not sure how that works, but I can confirm that the built-in hotspotting works just fine.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon allows you to tether on your plan, any tethering app, including the built-in hotspot, will work. If they don't, they may block tethered connections, or they may terminate your account for violating the ToS of your contract (and charge you an ETF).

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running a sony z3v on Verizon with unlimited data. I use foxfi all the time with no issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

canesfan81

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a Sony Verizon phone bit wasn't sure if Foxfi worked. Do anyone use it?

As earlier answered, yes it does work fine. I'm not sure if the other answering user had to do what I did, but I had to email the developer to get it from giving me the dreaded "contact verizon customer service" message. This is a copy and pasted from the reply email

Try to bring up menu in our app and
select "hash code", then enter "TEST" and save. Now turn on Foxfi and
follow through,
see if it gives you any error message.

It worked like a charm. Dunno if this is still relevant to you, but thought it may help. I have UDP as well, and with foxfi, so does everyone else whom I deem worthy.. . . Mwahahahaha! Just kiddin! It is a lifesaver though for my family (no udp) and tablet.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have to do any of that. Just installed- trusted the certificate- and have a pass code. Worked well

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463