Well it''s about time!! [Sony Xperia Z3v getting Lollipop]

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn off notification for update. Disable is greyed out in app manager for software update. I'm not taking it (not yet anyway) kit Kat works great for me. Don't need to fix what's not broken.

Posted via the Android Central App

SickLife

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Reagular messaging not working as others have said. The messaging plus thing does though. I really don't like it but I guess it'll do. Only other thing I notice is how much longer it takes to charge.

bcrules82

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So, assuming I want to backup all my media, update, factory reinstall, and then copy all my media back, is it worth it?

Did they fix the problem of having multiple dialers installed? (Would always prompt for an app, even if you select a new default).
Or the ability to search for your contacts that aren't displayed in your custom view? Or to edit them if you find them through Groups?
Can sounds be set to silent (not vibrate) while the ringer is on?
Can the charger light be disabled?
Can the charging on sound be disabled?

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out a work around to the text messaging challenge? I prefer Google Messenger, but am stuck using Verizon Message + as I REALLLLLY don't want to do a factory reset.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I can also confirm that the FM radio, that DID work in KitKat, no longer works in Lollipop. Big stinky turd for me. Might have to do that factory reset after all.

Yankeeaz

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Be forewarned prior to installing, I'm having the same issue.

Same issue confirmed on my xperia z3v. No downloaded message apps work, and the default one isn't displaying notifications properly. This problem persists after extensive tinkering with the notification settings as well.

Spoke to a Verizon tech rep. They suggested a factory reset. I'll try it tomorrow.

Happen to reach a solution to your issue?

I am having the same issues. I went in to the application manager and Uninstaller updates for message+ now I am getting all my notifications for sms/mms and they are actually staying on screen until I open them. This is the only way I could get it to work. I did not try textra.

bcrules82

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tested that simultaneous voice and data work after enabling HD Voice?
That's my only motivation for considering the update.