Anybody had this happen?

jtblazer

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the battery expanded and took off the back of the phone. Its a year and a half old. Sony won't cover it. Says that I can send it in for repair and they don't know what it will cost. Never exposed to heat, always kept in a light duty case, and never dropped. Verizon was no help either.

Attachments

• 1456447815197.jpg
    1456447815197.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 43

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope never heard of that happening. That's crazy. No shocker that Verizon is no help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wingwraith

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That battery is dead and extremely dangerous.
It was either a faulty battery, charged/discharged past capacity, bad connection, ...

For the love of god, don't use it.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that my z3v back cover has warped too. Calling Verizon today for replacement.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sending a replacement. The Rep knew exactly what the issue was and facilitated the order for the replacement phone and a new sim (in case the battery damaged the original).
He also asked me to not send the old phone back instead to turn it in at the store.
Took less than 4 minutes including hold time. I wonder if they have had more than a few of these issues with this phone.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Same happened to me over the weekend. Going to try calling Verizon when I get in the office

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Warranty replacement to arrive tomorrow. I know you've all been sitting on pins and needles. ;-)

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. I use wireless charging exclusively. How do you normally charge your phone? Just trying to figure what could be causing this problem.
I used to just leave it on the charger. Now I only leave it on to charge. Hopefully I can get a couple more years out of it.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. I use wireless charging exclusively. How do you normally charge your phone? Just trying to figure what could be causing this problem.
I used to just leave it on the charger. Now I only leave it on to charge. Hopefully I can get a couple more years out of it.

I use wireless about 95% of the time. When I travel, I plug in. I do leave it on the charger all night to charge. Like to have a full battery to start the day vs folks walking around with a phone in one hand and a usb and a plug in the other.

I got 18 months out of this one. Hope the replacement gets me another 12 or so. I will be ready for something new by then for sure...just need OTA FM vs streaming as I work in radio and need to listen for work and its SO much easier to do that on one device than a separate FM device and a phone...and the company uses Verizon, who likes to block FM.

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use one of these to prevent overcharging the phone.
372.jpg

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's been almost a year since I got my replacement z3v and the expanding battery issue occurred again. Unfortunately this time Verizon didn't have any z3v's left. They replaced it with a Samsung S7. I am still getting used to the S7 but I miss a lot of the Sony touches and applications. I have an external dac so at least I can still get great wired music.
Joe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss