Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not as good specwise as I hoped
Definitely not worth the upgrade from a Z3 imo

Very good point. But, the same could be said about the M9, or even the S5 if you had the previous iteration in the line. I honestly think this is intended for one who has not had a Sony, or has a Z2.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Very good point. But, the same could be said about the M9, or even the S5 if you had the previous iteration in the line. I honestly think this is intended for one who has not had a Sony, or has a Z2.

Yeah, I guess that would make more sense. It does have some nice upgrades, such as the flapless USB which is still water resistant

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I will admit, I will probably be looking at a Sony this year. Might be the Z3, but who knows? I have been wanting to run a Sony for a while.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
IDK, this seems like an incremental upgrade and I don't think we will see a global release for this device. Based on some of the other renders that have been leaked I think we may be getting a totally new Xperia device in the fall for the global audience, may not even be a "Z." The biggest upgrades are flap-less charging and the SD 810.

My Z3 is snappy (more responsive than other phones I use including my iPhone 6+) and unless android 5.01 bogs it down (whenever TMo releases it for the Z3), I think the processor is totally adequate.

I'm not going to "lust" for this phone, I think more is coming.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Love the fact the battery flap is gone, happy to see a 1080p screen personally and like the speaker grills better. Finally bumping up to 32gb for this version is long overdue.

Not loving the constant desire to make these thinner. My Z3 is plenty thin and to sacrifice some battery life seems silly. Would be nice to see the height of the phone slimmed down a bit vs. the thinness.

While I find the camera on the Z3 is very good, it's hard to deny the fact Samsung, Apple & LG all have models with OIS and are just simply better overall at this point and I really like the pictures I get from the Z3. Maybe Sony invested on the software side a bit more. Kinda feels like they have a **** load of 20mp sensors lying around they need to get rid of though.

Any official word yet on Qi replacing the magnet/dock charger?

Sony Z3 via the Android Central App

lyrisist35

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my Z3. There is no reason to upgrade with not much of an upgrade in battery and or screen. I am satisfied with what I have for another year.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Apparently that's not the flagship phone we're due. The real Sony flagship phone is being launched in May!

Leo pard

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Seems to me that Sony is doing the same thing that Apple does buy launching as many phones as they can. I dont know buy I thing there trying ta play catch up. You have the S6, soon to be coming out iPhone 6S, why not a Z6?

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I currently have the Z2 and there is nothing from this that is appealing to me. They moved the speakers back to the spots on the Z2, cut back on the battery size, and that seems to be it.

If what someone above posted about the may release for the actual flagship, I might pick that up.

glgbnaf6969

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I may go to a HTC M9?? No lollipop yet on the mobile the support page shows only manufacturer development between then and there mobile the older phones to mobile release lollipop 🍭

Posted via the Android Central App sony Xperia Z3

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Well if the price of the Z4 isn't flagship price for them, then I'm honestly a little scared of their flagship. Haha. Because as is the Z3 and z4 are quote expensive.

Stitchfame

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Oh But I am not from US so it does not really concern me hehe but at least it means other countries can still get it, thanks for the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49