Z3+ problems

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Z3+ is a good device, but when i use the camera app, i just don't like the heat. It gets real hot, i probably can even get egg cooked!

So is there any solution yet?

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thought I heard they had released an updated firmware to help the issue. Could be wrong. Seems to have been a big issue with the phone.

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, update was released but it didnt solve the problem :(
Its a real big problem.
Kinda regret buying this device, thought it will be better than my iphone 6.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the z3 compact and was looking at getting the z3+ for the extra screen and the usb port not covered by a flap. But after reading all these reports I think I'm going to stay with the compact and wait to see what comes out soon. Sony is the only phone I have found with a wide angle main camera which comes in so handy for work. Nothing else I have tried works as well. IPhone is close but sony does better for me. Guess the z5 should be out soon.

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea, dont get Z3+. You will regret. Sometimes it gets hot in the pocket, thats annoying.

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The camera shuts down itself due to hight temp and it gets hot while open normal camera app. I love everything else, but the heat. I dont think update will solve the problem. Im hoping SONY will allow to exchange with the Z5 later this year :D

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The M5 that looks to be announced on Monday looks interesting and looks to have the new camera of the moto x. May have to look into it. Otherwise I'll wait for the Z5

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I ll suggest you to wait for Z5. I have complained in SONY forum, they didnt even try to explain.

nglfmark

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a Z3+ , bought a used one. Was having the update loop thing on 5.0.2 and updated to 6.0.

I took 6 photos and shared via WhatsApp. The phone was very hot after that simple task. I cannot tell you what it was like before I updated to M as I never tried the camera when I bought the phone. Was too busy trying to get rid of the update loop problem.

I'll be testing the camera more intensively in the next few days and see what happens.

I think read somewhere using a third party camera app solved the problem. I try that too.

Posted via the Android Central App

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
From what I read, SONYs fix was to throttle back the CPU and dim the display when Gaming or shooting 4K video... but non of this works apparently... tell you what.. .. why dont we just throttle SONY instead :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc