Will the z4v be skipped and the z5v will be released

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I am reading in places that due to the overheating issue that Sony/VZW will skip the z4v and go with the z5v. Anyone else hear this?

J Rosen

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Where are you reading this? Last I saw the suspected release date was 9/3. If it doesn't come out by them and there is no hard release date, I might have to move to a different phone ... my S4 is hanging by a thread

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Where are you reading this? Last I saw the suspected release date was 9/3. If it doesn't come out by them and there is no hard release date, I might have to move to a different phone ... my S4 is hanging by a thread

That date is so close to new iPhones....

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Where are you guys getting 9/3 for a release date from? I would rather have a Z5 compatible with all US carriers instead.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Where are you guys getting 9/3 for a release date from? I would rather have a Z5 compatible with all US carriers instead.

The Berlin event. All cell phone manufactures except Apple will go to to announce lots of new products

J Rosen

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

There was something on several websites a few weeks ago, however, it was never confirmed. Seeing as that date is now a few days away and there still isn't anything confirmed, It doesn't look like its happening. I'm giving til the end of the week to have this phone released, or have a confirmed date of release, or I'll most likely be going to the M9

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
There was something on several websites a few weeks ago, however, it was never confirmed. Seeing as that date is now a few days away and there still isn't anything confirmed, It doesn't look like its happening. I'm giving til the end of the week to have this phone released, or have a confirmed date of release, or I'll most likely be going to the M9

I am with you. Although I might look at the Note

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Would be a good move to skip the z4v and go to the z5. I just hope they release it before the holiday and I hope they release the premium version too.
I was going to get the new Motorola X but I don't know if I want it that bad especially with the z5 with a bigger battery and 1080p screen then switch to 4k if needed. I think this with a near stock Android experience will allow this phone to have 6 hours screen on time. Well I can only hope.
Still debating on this or the Motorola X. Motorola X can be in my hands by October and works with VZW. With the way the Sony phones have been, its like Sony release a phone then 7-9 months later, it goes to VZW.

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Would be a good move to skip the z4v and go to the z5. I just hope they release it before the holiday and I hope they release the premium version too.
I was going to get the new Motorola X but I don't know if I want it that bad especially with the z5 with a bigger battery and 1080p screen then switch to 4k if needed. I think this with a near stock Android experience will allow this phone to have 6 hours screen on time. Well I can only hope.
Still debating on this or the Motorola X. Motorola X can be in my hands by October and works with VZW. With the way the Sony phones have been, its like Sony release a phone then 7-9 months later, it goes to VZW.

The z5 looks like a great phone, I have not heard anything about it being released for Verizon. If it is I would consider getting it although the main hesitation would be the fact that it is a vzw exclusive phone and they don't seem to be kept up with too well. I am reading that it will be an early 2016 release anyway. We will see.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The z5 looks like a great phone, I have not heard anything about it being released for Verizon. If it is I would consider getting it although the main hesitation would be the fact that it is a vzw exclusive phone and they don't seem to be kept up with too well. I am reading that it will be an early 2016 release anyway. We will see.

I would love the z5 premium for VZW but lack of support from VZW makes it questionable for me. Z3v was a mess up with VZW and late in shipping. Z3v was released by VZW meanwhile z4 was announced. Horrible from VZW. O hope the Sony z5 premium comes to VZW and its carrier unlocked and you buy from Sony like the Motorola X Pure edition.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I would love the z5 premium for VZW but lack of support from VZW makes it questionable for me. Z3v was a mess up with VZW and late in shipping. Z3v was released by VZW meanwhile z4 was announced. Horrible from VZW. O hope the Sony z5 premium comes to VZW and its carrier unlocked and you buy from Sony like the Motorola X Pure edition.

Verizon didn't lock phones anymore

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon didn't lock phones anymore

But it might be blocked because their system doesn't recognize that device. It happened with the Motorola XPE where some users said it was blocked. Not a big deal, just needed to call and figure it out but some tech support are just useless so it would be a headache. But that issue has been addressed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma