Question for AT&T users.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
^^^ This is correct ^^^

Mine displays 4G on the bar but it's LTE.

With Xperia devices you can also easily change the regional version on your phone. If it displaying 4G instead of LTE bothers you, then just use a different region.

Last edited:

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^^^ This is correct ^^^

Mine displays 4G on the bar but it's LTE.

With Xperia devices you can also easily change the regional version on your phone. If it displaying 4G instead of LTE bothers you, then just use a different region.

Can you kindly give me instructions on how to change the region? Thank you.

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
You need FlashTool and the Z5C firmware .ftf file for the region you want to use.

There are plenty of instructions on how it's done via a Google search. I'm not trying to be rude by saying search Google but many of the instructions found there are far more detailed and offer a guided step by step with photos. These guides will be much better than anything I can type..

I have not done it on my Z5C but did on my Z3 and Z3C. I assume the process is exactly the same.

Many people use it if a specific region gets a major update before others. Root is not required to change regions. Just make sure you get the .ftf file for the correct Z5 model number that you have. Choose the region you want and flash it via the FlashTool..

Last edited:

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I know. It's called the Internet. Lol. I can just say that all the UK versions that I have bought have had the 4g indicated but speeds are lte speeds. It's a known fact that the European models simply don't use "lte" icons

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Question for AT&T users.

I agree but I'm not even sure if the 4G indication is indeed LTE. I get mixed answers everywhere.

Where are you getting mixed answers from. Look at the bands and look at what LTE bands AT&T uses.. Simple...

Xperia Blog USA buyers guide

USA buyers guide for Sony Xperia Z5 family | Xperia Blog

AT&T
2G Bands (GSM/GPRS/EDGE): 850 MHz, 1900 MHz
3G Bands (UMTS/HSPA+): 850 MHz (CLR), 1900 MHz (PCS) [GSM HSPA+]
4G Bands (LTE): 2 (1900 MHz), 4 (1700/2100 MHz), 5 (850 MHz), 12/17 (700 MHz), 29 (700 MHz), 30 (2300 MHz)

The Z5C model # E5823 is LTE on AT&T.............

Xperia Z5 Compact – E5823

UMTS HSPA+: 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40

As previously stated, if the lack of it saying LTE bothers you then just change to a different regions firmware. It's very easy to do and it will then display LTE instead of 4G.

Last edited:

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't bother me at all that it shows '4G' in place of 'LTE'. It's the uncertainty that bothers me. Even now the answer seems vague. I know for a fact that the Z5C supports LTE on AT&T. I just need to know if I am indeed receiving LTE or not. Even on this thread some are saying it suppose to show LTE and some are saying no.

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I give up.. It's LTE. One person in this thread said it should show as LTE and that was the 1st response from someone who does not know. The other person said they are on Verizon but the Z5C does NOT even work on Verizon so I have no clue what that poster was referring to.

I think you should just return it and buy a different phone. Many international unlocked phones act in the exact same manner, the Z5C is not alone. It's LTE but if you are not convinced after all the info presented in this thread then like I said, I give up..

The LTE bands that AT&T operates on are listed and the LTE bands inside the Z5C are listed. It's really not as hard as you are making it out to be,

Last edited:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a drive by post much like the other response where the poster relayed false information..

They either did not read the post, they did not pay attention to the forum they were posting in or they have no clue about the internationally unlocked Z5C phones..

If he is using a Z5C on Verizon then he has a magical phone.. LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes