So after several months how do Z5C owners like it?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of taking the plunge and updating to a Z5c from a Z3c. For those that have had it for awhile what are your thoughts after owning it for a long time? I'm going to be importing the UK version to the USA as the fingerprint scanner is a big deal for me. Thinking of ordering from Handtec over in the UK as another site (xperiablog) recommended them and one or two others if you're importing. Interested if anyone has experience importing using them too. If anyone has been using it on AT&T would be interested in knowing how the reception is, etc. Any and all thoughts are welcome from long term owners! Thanks!

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I came form the Z3C as well and absolutely love the improvements on the Z5C. I would not trade it for any other phone on the market.. The print reader on mine has been flawless! I am on AT&T and I don't see any difference in reception or call quality verses other phones. I also have a Nexus 5X and all things AT&T network wise are similar between the two..

As far as importing, I got mine from an Amazon seller so I can't comment on Handtec..

mario24601

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I came form the Z3C as well and absolutely love the improvements on the Z5C. I would not trade it for any other phone on the market.. The print reader on mine has been flawless! I am on AT&T and I don't see any difference in reception or call quality verses other phones. I also have a Nexus 5X and all things AT&T network wise are similar between the two..

As far as importing, I got mine from an Amazon seller so I can't comment on Handtec..
You like z5c better than 5x? Can you please give feedback on comparison? What about heat issues, experienced any on the z5? Any feedback would be great, thanks.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes I like the Z5C much better than the 5X.

The size difference and the location of the print reader are the main reasons. The Z5C feels better in hand and feels like a higher quality device. The location of the print reader on the 5X makes it impossible to unlock the phone when it's sitting on a table, desk or other flat surface.

I have not experienced any heat issues at all. My Z5C stays cool but I am not a heavy user. I don't play games and I do not listen to music 24/7 on it. My usage is texting, phone, web browsing and normal app usage..