How is Marshmallow on the Xperia Z5 Compact?

b.mike

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got notification that marshmallow is available to me. I am interested to hear how others who already have it feel about it vs lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
It's like a whole new phone. So much more responsive and snappy now. Faster app launching. Smoother scrolling. Nicer animation transitions.

They also got rid of the annoying blue notification bar colour in the default Sony theme and replaced it with black - thank God for that!

It's what the Z5 Compact should have been from the beginning.

srinidhinln

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I agree with @Cakefish, it does feel like a new phone all together, and the errors of the apps that we were not able to close promptly at all times, is now gone (the bug) and you can close all the running apps, notifications are better put and many more.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree the update has been stellar for me as well.. No issues or bugs that I can speak of. The phone is faster and snappier...

North60

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Bell Canada came through yesterday!

The Z5c remains issues free although it did get warm during the update. My case probably doesn't help dissipate much heat.

b.mike

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Been on it for a couple of days now. Seems a bit laggy to me. We'll see though. Too late to go back anyway.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
What bugs are you seeing?

I don't know for a fact it helps but I always do a factory reset after major updates..

Last edited:

screamer1888

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth keeps dropping, keeps losing the connection between the VW touch car kit, was fine with Lollipop

I believe the option of having the SD card as internal memory is also gone.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
My Bluetooth connection to my car has been less than stellar as well. Seems to work fine for a while after rebooting the phone, but after a day or two of use, the connection hiccups often. I have a feeling it has to do with a particular app, but I'm not sure which. I have performed a factory reset a few weeks ago due to my phone restarting itself randomly.

igorhk

May 2, 2016
Visit site
How about the battery performance? What kind of screen on time are you guys having after MM update? I am considering to buy this phone but I read lots of bad comments on battery life since the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay