Z5 on Tmobile?

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait!!! Me too I've tried everything and I think the Z5 Premium wishing they would get this phone hopefully..

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Z5 Tuesday. Not sure about the band 12, but Wifi calling does work and it works great.

Hmmm, wifi calling works.....that's interesting........in a good way! Band 12 is not that big of an issue for me right now because according to TMo's map, it will be awhile before it arrives in Chicago. A TV station owns band 12.

Any issues with heat / getting hot? BTW, I'm assuming you are using TMo?

1Rand

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Awesome phone. No heating issues at all and I've been constantly on it for the last 3 days. Gets a little warm like all phones do. We have Band 12 here in northeastern PA but I don't know how I can tell if it works. Right now according to LTE discovery app I'm on band 4 LTE(just downloaded it this morning) and it's fast. I had the Z3 and one particular bar I frequent, as soon as I'm inside there I had no service. Then they updated to the 5.0 lollipop with the band 12 and all of a sudden I had all bars and LTE .Was there last night and the Z5 had all bars and LTE so I'm guessing maybe it does. The wifi must be built in to the 5.1.1 because that's the first thing I checked. Put it in airplane mode with wifi on and made phone calls and texts and it worked very very well. I got mine from Clove. E6653. Gold. 24 month warranty. Free bluetooth wireless speaker. Ordered Friday and came Monday actually, but owed duty and was never notified by DHL so it got rescheduled for Tuesday. Also got insurance on it through Worth Ave Group. I love this phone!!! And yes I'm on T Mobile.

aaronc_98

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Band 12 is working on T-mo! I have not been able to see any settings for wi-fi calling nor have I been able to make a wi-fi call, anybody can help?

thanks

AC

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
hey quick question. Did LTE start working as soon as you inserted the sim card or was there an additional process you had to go through. I currently have the Z5 premium and it supports T-Mobile LTE. However when I insert my sim card in, it shows no data signal whatsoever. I went to the APN settings and updated it but all i get now is edge (2g) I had the Z3 before and was getting around 35-100 Mbps in my area. now i cant even load a web page. Can you (or anyone reading this) help me out. I sold my z3 just hours before my z5 came, which was a mistake since now i really cant do anything with my phone (besides use it on WiFi and call). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
hey quick question. Did LTE start working as soon as you inserted the sim card or was there an additional process you had to go through. I currently have the Z5 premium and it supports T-Mobile LTE. However when I insert my sim card in, it shows no data signal whatsoever. I went to the APN settings and updated it but all i get now is edge (2g) I had the Z3 before and was getting around 35-100 Mbps in my area. now i cant even load a web page. Can you (or anyone reading this) help me out. I sold my z3 just hours before my z5 came, which was a mistake since now i really cant do anything with my phone (besides use it on WiFi and call). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Off your topic, but if you don't mind, where did you get your Z5 Premium from? I'll be buying one soon and was curious.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine from valuebasket.com. After purchasing it I went off to read several reviews of the website as I had never been not heard of it before. It was actually pretty bad. Many consumers had very negative experiences and it had an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5 stars. I was completely stunned after reading people's reviews and comments but nevertheless, I gave it a try. I was sitting in class (I'm a college student) while surfing their website and I was ready to click the place order button. But at the same time I was utterly confused if I should use my money somewhere else. I looked to my left and the kid next to me was where in a Nike shirt with the logo "Just Do It". I looked back at my phone and without thinking I did it. I placed the order and shortly after I received an automated email from value basket stating that my order was being processed and would take up to 5 days. After 3 days I received another email stating that phone had been shipped. I was under the influence that this company was shipping It from the US since their website had a US domain. Apparently not. It was coming from Hong Kong. I was furious as I thought shipping would take weeks more. Fortunate for me, my phone arrived in 2 days. I was astonished as I quickly opened the package to make sure it was really the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium that I had long awaited. What a zest full moment it was. I began playing around with it and couldn't get over the 4k screen. I had a quite different experience then everybody else at value Basket as I had really received the phone and in just 5 days of placing the order. Also after writing on this forum, I updated the apn settings and I go finally got lte. I had the Htc one m9 before and I would get somewhere around 25-32 mbps tops on my home. With this phone however, I'm hitting 70 and above! The only tiny let down is that it doesn't show me the lte signal but instead the regular 4g one. I honestly don't mind though. But yes this is the story of how I purchased the Sony Xperia z5 premium. I'm quite happy I did and would recommend it to all of you. And as for the question someone posted about over heating, I can assure you it does not. I had the m9 and sometimes it would get so hot I couldn't hold it anymore. However this phone is a totally different experience. Sony did an amazing job placing dual copper pipes minimizing heat and I'm telling you it works great. I'm a heavy user and for me this phone hardly even gets warm. The camera is astonishing and mind blowing. I'd say in some conditions it beats the note 5 as well as my brothers s6 edge plus. It's a beast of a phone. Honest opinion. I am actually doing a short review on it. You guys should check it out.

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from valuebasket.com. After purchasing it I went off to read several reviews of the website as I had never been not heard of it before. It was actually pretty bad. Many consumers had very negative experiences and it had an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5 stars. I was completely stunned after reading people's reviews and comments but nevertheless, I gave it a try. I was sitting in class (I'm a college student) while surfing their website and I was ready to click the place order button. But at the same time I was utterly confused if I should use my money somewhere else. I looked to my left and the kid next to me was where in a Nike shirt with the logo "Just Do It". I looked back at my phone and without thinking I did it. I placed the order and shortly after I received an automated email from value basket stating that my order was being processed and would take up to 5 days. After 3 days I received another email stating that phone had been shipped. I was under the influence that this company was shipping It from the US since their website had a US domain. Apparently not. It was coming from Hong Kong. I was furious as I thought shipping would take weeks more. Fortunate for me, my phone arrived in 2 days. I was astonished as I quickly opened the package to make sure it was really the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium that I had long awaited. What a zest full moment it was. I began playing around with it and couldn't get over the 4k screen. I had a quite different experience then everybody else at value Basket as I had really received the phone and in just 5 days of placing the order. Also after writing on this forum, I updated the apn settings and I go finally got lte. I had the Htc one m9 before and I would get somewhere around 25-32 mbps tops on my home. With this phone however, I'm hitting 70 and above! The only tiny let down is that it doesn't show me the lte signal but instead the regular 4g one. I honestly don't mind though. But yes this is the story of how I purchased the Sony Xperia z5 premium. I'm quite happy I did and would recommend it to all of you. And as for the question someone posted about over heating, I can assure you it does not. I had the m9 and sometimes it would get so hot I couldn't hold it anymore. However this phone is a totally different experience. Sony did an amazing job placing dual copper pipes minimizing heat and I'm telling you it works great. I'm a heavy user and for me this phone hardly even gets warm. The camera is astonishing and mind blowing. I'd say in some conditions it beats the note 5 as well as my brothers s6 edge plus. It's a beast of a phone. Honest opinion. I am actually doing a short review on it. You guys should check it out.

Cool! I'm planning on using my Z5 Premium with Tmoblie as well. Where did you find the APN settings for Tmobile?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante