New Z5 Premium loosing power fast!

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I won this fantastic Z5 Premium off Sony for a photogh I submitted to their poetry in moments competition, and so far love the phone. I've only really got one issue. The battery life! Before they sent it to me I did some research and found out it had Qualcomm quick charge 2.0, so bought an Aukey charger. When I first got the phone the power widget was showing around 2.5 days battery. Now after 3 to 4 days use its showing 22 hours after a full charge [from around 30% to 90-94%]. I've got 4 screens with mostly widgets and folders of icons. I've also got tasker running, but I can't see how that could be draining the battery as it's only got three really simple active profiles with no tasks or scenes. Also checking the battery usage it doesn't even show up on the stats, with the screen using 40% of battery. I've also got Greenify installed and set up. Anyone have any suggestions please [which don't involve selling the handset and buying an S6 Edge]?

I've added a photo of my rabbit Ghibli just for fun and co's I love him...

bd737933920648fc4fdcc7e6dcd581f6.jpg

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
My Z5 premium battery drain was bad for first week but it's very stable now do not drain like mad anymore... Most likely the battery needs to be recharged for several times to get to full power (my guess only).

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok, just let the handset go down to 19%, charged it with charger that came with the phone to 95% and it's now showing 1 day and 1 hour. Is this because I used the charger that came with the phone [The standard Z5 Premium charger is non Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible].

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried charging it with the official charger [UCH-20] and it took around the same time to charge as it usually does with the Aukey Qualcom Quick Charge 2.0 charger. I've deleted a load of widgets, and a couple of pages and I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
For anyone interested in this topic, I contacted Sony support last night who told me to do a software repair using the PC companion app. Since then [touch wood, fingers crossed] I've noticed some improvement in the battery performance and in the performance of the device as a whole. For one thing the screen is no longer using up 45% of the power, and is now closer to 19% which is less than half.of what it was. The downside to this is that it will wipe out all your data and settings, the upside is that you can save everything to the SD card and it does an incredible job of restoring everything, right down to the desktop layout. I'll post the procedure here latter on because I've got to got a shot I need to be at in a few moments, but please don't try this before I do as the instructions on the PC companion app are incorrect and could apparently mess up your phone. I know, brilliant design, right! Anyway back soon.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok, not sure how long I've had this handset now, bur the good news is that things are starting to settle down! Another thing I did that's seemed to make a difference is to clear the cache. I'm now getting through a day [in general] without having to recharge until the evening, and I've even reinstalled tasker.

Good luck 🍀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21