Z5 Leaks....Are you considering this device?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
In anticipation of the start of IFA, leaks about the new Sony Z5 line-up of phones are appearing all over. Are you considering the a Z5? Which one, Compact, Z5 or Premium? What are your thoughts?

I've noticed some of the leaks have indicated an all metal build versus the exiting metal and glass? Anybody know if this is confirmed? I'm suspecting it could be true and that Sony is using an all metal build as a heat sink for the SD810.

Speaking about the SD810....are you concerned about the choice of this SoC?

For those interested in the Premium version.........4K display! I have to wonder if Sony will be able to maintain its stellar battery life reputation with a beast like that.

I have a Z3 and I had a Z1s prior. I really like the Xperia Z line of phones. What are your thoughts about this iteration?

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Im very curious about these phones myself, I almost pulled the trigger on a Z3c but backed out and went with the G3. Now I have the G4 and am slowly becoming less and less impressed by it.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I am very interested. I pulled the trigger on a note 5, but I'm not 100% stoked on it. I have another week to use it before I need to return it so I am very interested in this announcement and IFA.

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Z3 on TMo right now and really enjoy this phone, it's a great device. I'd like to update to a Z5, hoping TMo brings the whole line to the US. I'm afraid it will only be the Z5. I'd reallly like a chrome Z5 Premium.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I pulled the trigger last year on Note 4, but if the 4k rumors are indeed true.. I'll definitely jump to the Z5.

I am really but really curious about the 2160p display.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on z3 at the moment. Would consider the Z5 as the Z3 is brilliant but the camera would have to be at least close to the S6 in quality.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been juggling a Nexus 4 and 2013 Moto G; awaiting a ~5" 1080p phone with good battery life to replace them both. So after the disappointing leaks of the LG Nexus battery, it's either this or '15 Moto G. Any leaks on pricing yet?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on z3 at the moment. Would consider the Z5 as the Z3 is brilliant but the camera would have to be at least close to the S6 in quality.

You are so right, camera quality on the Z series is so disappointing especially since Sony makes great cameras and sensors for other phone manufacturers that seem to capture great pictures.

Well, tomorrow is the big reveal. Before long we'll either be laughing, crying or complaining. Probably a little bit of all three.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Xperia Z3

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I would so love to get the Z5 compact but its hard to justify spending $500 on a phone with 720p display and 16gb storage when you can buy phone with similar specs for around $200.
Also the glass back thing. Drop the phone even once, there is a good chance either the screen will crack or the glass back will.

king_e

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I think the new Z5 lineup looks great. I wish the compact would have a 1080p display, and 32gb of storage though. If the snapdragon 810 proves to not be disruptive (especially in regards to battery), and the camera is at least close to S6/G4 quality, any of the models could end up being my next phone. That is, if I can stomach the price. :/

snowsquirrel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
* I guess we'll have to wait a while to find out about how 810 affects the heating and battery life. If it is passable I am likely in for the regular model. Hopefully a 'hands-on' article from the IFA show will shed some lite on the heating.

* Any word on pricing?

* Could just wait a few months for the Z5+ with an 820 which is should run cooler, and use less power due to smaller die process.

* Z3+ with same CPU should get cheap now (at least in used market).

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Z5 comes with 32gb internal storage. The premium model costs 800 euros, i don't see why Sony couldn't have put 128gb storage in the Premium and 64gb in the other 2 versions. And don't give me "but it has a micro SD card slot" excuse. Also since Z5 Premium is a 'premium' model why not give it 4gb ram? Asus Zenfone 2 has 4gb and it costs $300 and comes with 64gb storage.
Other than that, the phones are truly beautiful. Am sure they will have best in class battery life. Non removable battery is understandable considering the design of the phone. I just hope the phones are durable enough to not crack the first time you accidentally drop it on the floor. Good job Sony although as usual Sony has overpriced the phones considering you can get Nexus 6 for $450 new.

Last edited:

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just don't know how Sony could release this phone with a Micro SD slot. We have been told over and over again by the Samsung Parrots that SD Card slots are going away. Strange in 2013 the only flagship Android phones with SD card support were from Samsung. Now in 2015 the only flagship phones without SD card support come from Samsung.

If you don't want to use an SD card great, don't use one in your phone. If you want to pay $100 or $200 additional for several $s worth of memory go for it. I like the option (like Motorola) to pay for additional internal storage, but still offer a SD slot. My media and photos do not need to be on fast storage.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is the Z5+ confirmed? (Better yet, would it even be released in Canada hmmm)

Yes, it is confirmed, called the Premium. The fail for me in this flagship line of phones is only 3gb RAM.........should be 4gb for at least the Premium and probably the regular Z5 too.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Think you all complain to much all 3 versions are a great improvement in every way...period.

Sent from Sony z3

Thank you for keeping an open mind and adding to the discussion instead of criticizing others............not!

I have a Z3 too which I really like. The only improvements I see between my Z3 and the Z5 is the camera which has the potential to be a good improvement but camera in a phone is not that important to me. The move from the SD801 to the SD810 is a questionable improvement unless Sony has solved the heating issue. Finger print scanner could be good, depends on the implementation.

I think this is a fairly incremental upgrade.

Why don't you share what you are excited about instead of criticizing everyone?

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for keeping an open mind and adding to the discussion instead of criticizing others............not!

I have a Z3 too which I really like. The only improvements I see between my Z3 and the Z5 is the camera which has the potential to be a good improvement but camera in a phone is not that important to me. The move from the SD801 to the SD810 is a questionable improvement unless Sony has solved the heating issue. Finger print scanner could be good, depends on the implementation.

I think this is a fairly incremental upgrade.

Why don't you share what you are excited about instead of criticizing everyone?
Lol I did not criticize anyone just sick and tired of ppl complain how it should be or what they want, if u don't like it don't get it.
I like the finger print for sure and the camera and over all simple design...if it's not broke why fix it lol
Its not mind blowing but enough to want me to upgrade from my z3.
But honestly enough about complains on how it should be take it for what it is and enjoy cos six months from now we will have the same talk about z6 lol

And one more thing, no charger cover just a simple plug and play plus quick charge is a plus ➕

Sent from Sony z3

Last edited:

snowsquirrel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the design I beautiful. For years I think Sony have made the best looking handsets. They are also amongst the most expensive Android handsets. I would like the spec sheet to match its looks if I am going to be to shelling out $1000 CAD.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12