Poll: If you are considering a Z5 model, which one?

Which new Z5 model are you interested in?

• Total voters

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Z5 or premium. I'm very interested in the premium version if the they are able to keep the bezels down and overall dimensions of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The Premium should be an interesting device......I am concerned about how much Sony will charge for it. That 4k screen is going to up the price.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Lots of views, not many votes? Also where are the Z Compact lovers?

Posted via the Android Central App using my Xperia Z3

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going with the regular edition. I don't need or want a 4k display on my phone. All it will lead to is worse performance and battery life.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
To think that a few days ago I was looking to get the Z3 or Z3 Plus. Now, I will be considering the Z5. I think the 4K on the Z5 Premium would be overkill and unnecessary. I will wait for reviews, though. However, I am curious to see if MKBHD will review the Z5 Premium since he is crazy about "crispy" displays.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The regular Z5. I've used almost all the flagships as my daily driver. HTC samsung Sony apple Motorola LG and yes I'm crazy like that. Anyways, the point is that even though I'm using a Note 4 right now and I love it, the Z2 and the Z3 has been one of my favourite phones ever.

I'm sorry but the cameras on Z2 and Z3 are better than Samsung galaxy note 4 and s6. I do a lot of phone photography and detailed editing so trust me I've tested these phones in detail. You can check my Instagram pictures for confirmation.

Besides the cameras being the best in the business (IMO), the battery life has been nothing but same. 7 hours of SOT was average! I've even gotten 9 hours of SOT on my Z3.

Don't get me started on the snappiness of the software experience on the z2 and the Z3. It's so fast! Faster than any other OEM I've used. Except HTC. HTC is fast as heck as well.

All Sony lacks is better marketing and an urge to earn profits. The pricing of the Z5 series is CRAZY! The specifications Z5 is offering on $650 range are being offered by Motorola at $400. And I've read somewhere that the premium version will even top the $1000 mark. That's crazy and stupid in this competitive market. They're not going to sell these phones this way.

In the age of curved 2k displays and extraordinary built and camera qualities Sony should either cut their prices or come up with something out of the ordinary.

As much as I LOVE Sony, and as much as I think the Z5 is thoroughly the most complete package industry has to offer, it's just too expensive.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
All Sony lacks is better marketing and an urge to earn profits. The pricing of the Z5 series is CRAZY! The specifications Z5 is offering on $650 range are being offered by Motorola at $400. And I've read somewhere that the premium version will even top the $1000 mark. That's crazy and stupid in this competitive market. They're not going to sell these phones this way.

Those are the prices in the UK and Europe. US prices will be much, much cheaper as they always are. Example: Moto X Style is actually cheaper in the US than the Moto X Play is here in the UK - and the 2015 Motorola phones don't even come with a Turbo Charger included in the UK (not even the Style).

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Those are the prices in the UK and Europe. US prices will be much, much cheaper as they always are. Example: Moto X Style is actually cheaper in the US than the Moto X Play is here in the UK - and the 2015 Motorola phones don't even come with a Turbo Charger included in the UK (not even the Style).

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

US prices were revealed.
And yes I'm sorry the premium version costs less than $700. $675 to be exact. The rest were stated correctly.

Still doesn't justify the high price mark I'm sorry.

king_e

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
US prices were revealed.
And yes I'm sorry the premium version costs less than $700. $675 to be exact. The rest were stated correctly.

Still doesn't justify the high price mark I'm sorry.

Is this considered very expensive (more so than other flagships) in the states? Because $700 for a 4k display would be a steal in Canada with the state of the dollar right now. The IPhone 6 starts at $839 and the 6 plus at $969. Then add all the taxes and you're looking at a huge investment.

irockster9

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Z5 Compact. I already felt with the HTC M7 I was pushing how large of a phone I wanted, and nowadays with the standard being 5.1-5.5 inch screens, the Compact is looking to be the hero in the market for those like me who are being left without choices of high quality phones.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry but the cameras on Z2 and Z3 are better than Samsung galaxy note 4 and s6. I do a lot of phone photography and detailed editing so trust me I've tested these phones in detail. You can check my Instagram pictures for confirmation.

I'm assuming that since you do what you say you likely use your own custom settings in manual mode so I'll take your word for it. I never could take the time to learn advanced photo techniques so manual mode was out for me no matter how many photography buffs praised it. The problem here is that the new camera in the S6 and several other phones totally outclassed Xperia Z1-Z3 phones in doing what the rest of us average Joes do: point and shoot in Auto or prefab scene settings. And I think this is exactly why they finally got off their collective butts and put a new shooter in the Z5

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Is this considered very expensive (more so than other flagships) in the states? Because $700 for a 4k display would be a steal in Canada with the state of the dollar right now. The IPhone 6 starts at $839 and the 6 plus at $969. Then add all the taxes and you're looking at a huge investment.

Agreed. The iPhone 6+ 64GB and up models are monstrously expensive next to flagship Android phones. Sony is one of a very small group of phone makers whom I would pit against Apple for solid premium quality and reliability. Not every release though. This version looks like one of the good ones.

pjm1891

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have pre-ordered a premium. I don't care if it's 4K or not I just want the 5,5 inch screen. Oh and also the chrome looks so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol