No thermal issues on the s810

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
According to Alex Dobie:
"There are also promising signs that the Z5 might not suffer from the overheating issues that affected the Xperia Z3+ at launch. Unlike the Z3+, we haven't spotted any thermal issues within the camera or any other apps on the new handset. In fact, the Z5 units on show at IFA performed admirably, without any of the problematic temperature warnings produced by the older phone."

Yet I keep reading posts by people in the comment sections and forums after he wrote this saying "Oh no, it's the 810 cpu!" Are people just not reading (as usual)? If Alex is right it looks like the promises by qualcomm that the thermal issues on newer 810's are resolved.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
According to Alex Dobie:
"There are also promising signs that the Z5 might not suffer from the overheating issues that affected the Xperia Z3+ at launch. Unlike the Z3+, we haven't spotted any thermal issues within the camera or any other apps on the new handset. In fact, the Z5 units on show at IFA performed admirably, without any of the problematic temperature warnings produced by the older phone."

Yet I keep reading posts by people in the comment sections and forums after he wrote this saying "Oh no, it's the 810 cpu!" Are people just not reading (as usual)? If Alex is right it looks like the promises by qualcomm that the thermal issues on newer 810's are resolved.

No one wants to believe someone could get the 810 right. Yes it has had thermal issues in the past but there is nothing suggesting this isn't a newer version of the chip from qualcomm or if Sony found a way to cool it better. People just assume that since something was true elsewhere it has to be the same here.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
No one wants to believe someone could get the 810 right. Yes it has had thermal issues in the past but there is nothing suggesting this isn't a newer version of the chip from qualcomm or if Sony found a way to cool it better. People just assume that since something was true elsewhere it has to be the same here.

I've been running with Xperia phones for the last 2 years and I can personally attest that if there's a way for Sony's engineers to fix a problem created by another company, they figure it out and remedy it. For example, while many other phones were struggling with the battery drain issues introduced by Google over the last year, Sony resolved it themselves in 5.02 before Google did it with 5.11.

In fact, I still have the Z1 kicking around and it's running 5.02 noticeably smoother than my N7 tablet on 5.11. Which is quite a feat considering the tablet isn't also dealing with a cellular radio.

I have little doubt that the 810 in the Z5 will be the more recently fixed version of it qualcomm released to address thermal throttling. I find this attention to detail and skillful engineering more confidence inspiring than what other brands did, which was to simply give up because they didn't have the skill to resolve it and just chucked the 808 in their phones.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been running with Xperia phones for the last 2 years and I can personally attest that if there's a way for Sony's engineers to fix a problem created by another company, they figure it out and remedy it. For example, while many other phones were struggling with the battery drain issues introduced by Google over the last year, Sony resolved it themselves in 5.02 before Google did it with 5.11.

In fact, I still have the Z1 kicking around and it's running 5.02 noticeably smoother than my N7 tablet on 5.11. Which is quite a feat considering the tablet isn't also dealing with a cellular radio.

I have little doubt that the 810 in the Z5 will be the more recently fixed version of it qualcomm released to address thermal throttling. I find this attention to detail and skillful engineering more confidence inspiring than what other brands did, which was to simply give up because they didn't have the skill to resolve it and just chucked the 808 in their phones.

Definitely didn't say they couldn't besides the newest iteration of Sony phones I have used every model ( or at least one version of each model) I was rocking my Z3c until it decided to not be waterproof one day in the pool. Sucked but with the new flapless micro usb I think there is much less chance of that happening. Now I just have to decide between the Nexus or the Sony, or both :p

Kins69

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
On the Z5 Compact that I purchased yesterday, I can safely say that Sony's engineer did not manage to solve the issue... the phone gets way too hot, and that's just after downloading a few apps. Imagine if I'd start playing a game or use it very intensively :(

folliclekev

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My son has a z5 and can't play games, use video camera or skype with out it shutting down from overheating. Sony seems to be paying for favourable comment or getting their own people to spread lies over social media

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante