Why Is Texting Videos No Longer An Option?

Carfoosh

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Texting Videos No Longer An Option

My wife and I both have Sony Xperia Z5's and about a week or two ago we've lost the ability to send videos via text. It's literally not even an option. If we go to send a file, we can only choose pictures, videos are no longer an option. It doesn't matter what the size or resolution is, or what messaging app we use (hangouts, messaging, QKSMS), we simply don't have the option to send a video. Anyone know how to fix this or what went wrong?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Texting Videos No Longer An Option

I would try to clear cache on the camera app and also try to uninstall and reinstall the apps

Carfoosh

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

That didn't work. I even tried a few other messaging apps. Material Messaging would see my videos but once i choose one, it would just load forever, and not be able to send. Textra wouldn't see my videos but would allow me to make a low res movie under 10 seconds and send it. This is really annoying. Since November we've had no problems sending videos, not we don't even have the option. (I've also been using QKSMS since November).

Carfoosh

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

That didn't work. I even tried a few other messaging apps. Material Messaging would see my videos but once i choose one, it would just load forever, and not be able to send. Textra wouldn't see my videos but would allow me to make a low res movie under 10 seconds and send it. This is really annoying. Since November we've had no problems sending videos, not we don't even have the option. (I've also been using QKSMS since November).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles