Why has my phone stopped storing on the sd card?

Claire 5

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been saving things such as photos and some apps on an external sd card. However it has suddenly become impossible to do this. I can select to move something and the phone will show it is moving it but I then get an error message that it cannot move the app etc to the sd card because of insufficient storage. There is 1.2 GB free space on the phone and over 11GB on the sd card. This includes things like updates to apps already on the sd card. I have tried rebooting the phone and unmounting and remounting the sd card. Can someone suggest a solution please. I am not techie so need suggestions in ***** speak please!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a problem that I've seen a dozen times with "counterfeit" SD cards. Capacity listed and firmware changed to show more than the card is really capable of holding.

There is also a possibility that the card is faulty or damaged in some way. If you can backup all the data from the card to a computer or other storage, then format the card in the phone and try to move things around to it again. If that fails, it's likely time for a new card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR