I have a Sony Xperia z5 compact and have just updated my mobile's software to nougat 7.0. It now has some new and useful features but a major one that I use is gone, or at least, hidden: the groups in the contacts menu. The groups exist, I know that because when I create or edit a contact I have the option to add them to an existing group or add them to a new one. The problem is that when I access the contacts menu there is no way I can choose to use a group to send a text message to many contacts at once. And this is a big problem for me because my work is supported by this feature, big time! Can someone help me, please? I really appreciate it!
    02-18-2017 12:57 PM
    Indeed, big nuisance!

Hope they fix this nasty bug soon!

Best

PS: I am even more worried because it has happened in the past that some fields (for example the type of phone: Home/Work and especially Custom) is not preserved in backups. When you transfer them to a new phone that information (for you maybe thousands of contacts) is lost!
    02-20-2017 12:24 PM
    I have a Sony Xperia z5 compact and have just updated my mobile's software to nougat 7.0. It now has some new and useful features but a major one that I use is gone, or at least, hidden: the groups in the contacts menu. The groups exist, I know that because when I create or edit a contact I have the option to add them to an existing group or add them to a new one. The problem is that when I access the contacts menu there is no way I can choose to use a group to send a text message to many contacts at once. And this is a big problem for me because my work is supported by this feature, big time! Can someone help me, please? I really appreciate it!

France -Pessac
    exactly the same pb on my X peria Z5 since the latest upgrade "nougat" android 7.0..
    very embarassing in a quotidian use...
    Can someone help us?
    Steve
    04-19-2017 07:00 AM