How to move Apps to SD card on Xperia ZL

tumbler1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my new Sony Xperia ZL one week ago (AT&T). After setup everything and added the 64GB Samsung class 10 sd card, I managed and download all of my music and photo files thru the laptop onto the sd card with no problem. Now, for some reason there is no APP from the Google play store will support moving the Apps from internal memory to the SD card, every apps I tried so far always told me it dosen't support this deivce, the built in Setup tool "Move to SD Card" function in the "Storage" menu will not work either.

Please help, if someone out there would share some light to do this would be appreciated. Thanks

tumbler1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am just trying to move some large size Apps in internal storage over to the SD card to free some memory. The "Transfer data to the Sd card" function under the "Storage" menu does not even work. There is no APP in Google Play store will support Xperia Zl either. Is there anyone out there who is able to transfer some Apps to the SD card please share some light on how to do it.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately Google has disabled that feature so unless you Root your device you are unable to move apps to your SD card.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a better option to move other files. I suggest you keep your multimedia files on your SD instead. Rooting an old phone, without a SIM card, which is solely used as a Wi-Fi tablet, that is one thing, but rooting your main phone is a high security risk. If your just a casual user, rarely or never toy with tux or nix code, you really shouldn't even try rooting your device. Some guys spend most of their free time hacking software and devices, and when they explain what they have done, they make sound easy. If you follow a well written tutorial, and everything goes well, you may be golden, but if things get screwy, you may end up killing your device.

tumbler1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys for the input. Why Google wanted to disable the future for people to move some large App file to SD card? Don't understand it? To root the phone is not my line.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As already suggested, keep all other files on the external sd card. Remember that you can keep storage free by regularly clearing the cache of high memory apps. You'll be surprised how much memory can be cleared by doing this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles