frustrated typist

razzmyth

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.
My first post here.
I just got a Sony ZL. Thought I'd try an Android phone and ditched the IPhone.

I'm liking android fir the freedom. But some things take a bit more to setup.

The reason for my post it that I'm frustrated with typing. When I'm typing an email the cursor will jump up into a random place in the text.
I'll be about 6-10 sentences into an email typing away and suddenly the cursor will jump to the middle of line 3 or 4 or whatever.
I watched it very carefully today. Typing each character slowly so I was sure I hit the keyboard. And sure enough, bam, it just jumped for no reason. It's frustrating because sometimes I don't notice it right away and it screws up several lines of text.

Has anyone else had this problem?

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's the keyboard. I've had the same issue with the AC app. It's also why I prefer to post using my PC or from my phone's real browser if I intend on writing anything longer than a sentence.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. Are you accidentally pressing off the keyboard and into the text box? Is this only happening with certain apps?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
In my case, the cursor was just all over the place, as if a prankster was controlling it and moving everywhere except where i wanted it to be. It first did it (moving to another line/area of the textbox by "itself") with my keyboard still on screen, then, without the keyboard, as I was taping all over the place in the text box trying to get it back to where it had to be, and the little roundish cursor-tab that sometimes shows to move the cursor, was nowhere to be found.

Don't know about the OP, but in my case, the Android Central app is the only app in which this occurred on my phone, but it did occur a few times. I no longer use the app for posting, as it frustrates me too much.

razzmyth

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
It happens with Yahoo mail app and other email websites through the browser.
At first I thought I was hitting outside the keyboard, but I tried it very carefully and sure enough it jumps.
I almost think it's related to auto-spelling. It seems to happen when I go back a few lines to edit a sentence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane