- 21 Posts
Hacking the charger
Has anyone found documentation on how the phone exchanges info with the charger?
If I just do the usual procedure of shorting data- with data+ and leaving ID unconnected, the phone won't charge at the maximum rate.
I connected the five pin USB cable to a break out box and discovered that there is a clock signal on the ID pin and about 0.6 volts DC on the shorted data pins. Also, if I short the ID pin to ground, the phone won't charge at all.
- 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM #2
- 01-26-2014, 02:36 PM #3
- 01-26-2014, 08:20 PM #4
- 08-25-2014, 08:46 PM #5
- By crimscrem in forum LG G2Replies: 52Last Post: 08-27-2016, 03:29 AM
- By scjohnson1172 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 17Last Post: 08-19-2015, 08:34 PM
- By Jennifer Stough in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 10Last Post: 12-28-2013, 05:38 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2013, 04:02 PM
- By jeno27 in forum LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 12-25-2013, 10:55 PM