[FIX] Z Ultra GPE 4.4.2 SDCard Write Fix
TO DO THIS YOU MUST BE ROOTED
If you guys haven't noticed you can't copy a file from internal sd to external sd (confirmed by me and others) Well I figured it out.
I remember something about OTG not being able to read from external on apps like Tibu with other devices. I did something similar to get it to work on the ZU GPE.
If you are rooted you can copy this file to /etc/permissions/
I tested copying a file from internal to external and it worked fine after this change.
I did make a couple changes to the file, I'm not sure which did it but one of them did. I am attaching the file
Just rename from platform.xml.zip to platform.xml, back up existing file(the attached file is NOT a zip.. it's a XML file just remove .zip from the end of the filename), copy new file and change permissions to match the old file
- 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM #2
- 7 Posts
Re: [FIX] Z Ultra GPE 4.4.2 SDCard Write Fix
I understand the need to be rooted in order to modify this file, but is it necessary to remain rooted to have write access to the external sd? Or, can I unroot after making the change and have the use of my external sd forever?
Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
- By pete t in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 13Last Post: 03-02-2014, 07:01 PM
- By Sean Sabino in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 12-31-2013, 05:15 AM
- By dieter jay in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 8Last Post: 12-28-2013, 10:12 PM
- By MONDINGO in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-28-2013, 03:40 PM
- By ws6.baker in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-27-2013, 05:47 PM