GPE or Sony edition

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on what kind of experience you prefer. I much prefer vanilla Android, and the ability to customize things the way I want to (instead of having to use a manufacturer skin), so I'd go for the GPE.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
what software advantages does sony stock over GPE? Like only thing I saw that I like is the battery saving mode where i can shut everything down except a handfull of apps i want to have access

coman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i don't think there any software "advantages" over GPE, there's just more software, that you may or may not want, with GPE you can get any battery saving app or mod/kernel you want. and yes you can side load.

Victoria Biggs

May 16, 2013
Visit site
ive tried side loading the walkman app on another phone but it said package file is invalid, what am i doing wrong. when you side load a app is it always supposed to work, regardless of your os version or no matter if it says that app is exclusive to a certain phone type

coman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
if you're able to sideload the same apk on one phone but not the other then maybe carrier or manufacturer is restricting it, might have to install a custom rom. developers can also specify which versions of android are required for their apps to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech