Did they take away Lollipop for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra?

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My Z Ultra received the Lollipop notification and I wanted to wait a while before installing it but I noticed the OTA notification has disappeared today. Anyone holding out noticed the same?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z Ultra GPe

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Z Ultra received the Lollipop notification and I wanted to wait a while before installing it but I noticed the OTA notification has disappeared today. Anyone holding out noticed the same?

There's no indication that the update was pulled. Since you didn't accept, it could have cleared and may return in a few days. Have you gone into system settings to manually check for a system update?

Here's the blogpost on Android Central relating to the update: Sony confirms Lollipop rollout for the Z Ultra Google Play edition | Android Central

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, yes I've checked for available updates several times. Never did that on my Nexus 4 when Jelly Bean rolled out, that's the reason why I thought it was odd. Hope 5.0.1 rolls out for Xperia Z Ultra, if only the apps will update to work nice with Lollipop.

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Second chance, got my upgrade notification, now rocking Lollipop this evening.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe on Lollipop.

Attachments

• 4500.jpg
    4500.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 20

coman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't update, they took it away for a good reason, i updated and regret it, phone gets really hot and reboots several times a day, supposedly a fix came out which nexus quickly received but gpe got left behind, again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36