Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By brianblank
  • 1 Post By brianblank
  • 1 Post By brianblank
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default College Bowl Schedule (Outlook/CSV, iCal, HTML, XML, gCal files & links) (Updated for 2013-14)

I've done this for several years over on TreoCentral and PreCentral...

I have not been able to find a college bowl listing that I can import into my calendar. So I took the ESPN.com listing and reformated it. Attached is a Zip file with 4 .csv files in it (one for each of the 4 major US time zones). I assume with some quick Excel work it can be imported into other calendars. The only issue I am having with the import is that the Reminder On/Off field is not automagically mapping, during the import you will need to go in and "Map Custom Fields..." to fix that one field.

Alternatively, I am going to try publishing the bowl calendar from my gApps account so others can subscribe:

Please let me know if there are any errors or issues.

Go Jackets!,
    Brian

Quick and dirty Outlook import instructions:

Unzip attachment
    File > Import and Export...
    Choose "Import from another program or file"
    Then "Comma Seperated Values (Windows)"
    Browse and select the file for your timezone
    Select Destination Folder -> Calendar
    Click "Map Custom Fields ..."
    Change any mapping, check to see that Reminder On/Off is mapped correctly.
    Click Finish and it should import.

Subscribe to this thread to be notified when next year's schedule is posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm Personal > Palm Pro > Visor w/ VisorPhone > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Centro > HTC Hero (briefly) > Pre > HTC Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:
    acroswel and winmod21 like this.

Default Re: 2011-12 College Bowl Schedule (Outlook/CSV import files & gCa

I just wanted to say that your gApp calendar share of the bowl games in awesome! I found the ics link on a precentral post a couple of years ago when searching for a bowl calendar. I added it as an additional calendar in my calendar program and now for the last couple of years the bowls have magically just appeared in my calendar shortly after they're announced. I can't express how much I appreciate all the effort you put in to pull it together in this format, and re-share every year at the same URL. It's awesome!

Thank you!
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the links, however, regardless of which team you support, the two teams in the National Championship this year are the best two teams in college football.

I used the ics link and imported it into google calendar w/o a hitch. Thanks very much!!!

Anybody know where I can get a calender to download for this year? I usually use mysportcal.com but that link is no longer good.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    Anybody know where I can get a calender to download for this year? I usually use mysportcal.com but that link is no longer good.
    I just updated the original post, 2012-13 .csv import files are attached and the bowl gCal (XML, iCAL, HTML) is now updated.

Go Jackets!,
    Brian
    Palm Personal > Palm Pro > Visor w/ VisorPhone > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Centro > HTC Hero (briefly) > Pre > HTC Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:
    acroswel likes this.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Thanks for all your hard and time consuming work, brian. It's my first visit here to your bowl games thread. Strangely, it's actually been a while since I've used my Outlook calender; used to use it all the time; lately not regularly though. Are those other links for google & browser viewing? I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit... that I don't even know what the gCal & gApps acronyms stand for!! gCal = google calender?
    After 4 years of iPhones, my wife & I just upgraded to (me a Samsung Galaxy S3, and her a Galaxy Note) androids back in mid-Oct. Neither of us have Outlook on our phones though. And, I think I've seen threads re: problems with getting Outlook onto the GS3's.

Anyhoo, I've just been using ESPN College Football (CFB) the last few years where you can click on 'Top Stories' to see everything CFB related and then on 'Bowl Bound' to see a complete bowl schedule.
    During the season, you can simply click on Top Stories > Scores to see any particular weeks full Thurs.~Sat. schedule w/ tv & times.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Thanks for all your hard and time consuming work, brian. It's my first visit here to your bowl games thread. Strangely, it's actually been a while since I've used my Outlook calender; used to use it all the time; lately not regularly though. Are those other links for google & browser viewing? I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit... that I don't even know what the gCal & gApps acronyms stand for!! gCal = google calender?
    After 4 years of iPhones, my wife & I just upgraded to (me a Samsung Galaxy S3, and her a Galaxy Note) androids back in mid-Oct. Neither of us have Outlook on our phones though. And, I think I've seen threads re: problems with getting Outlook onto the GS3's.

Anyhoo, I've just been using ESPN College Football (CFB) the last few years where you can click on 'Top Stories' to see everything CFB related and then on 'Bowl Bound' to see a complete bowl schedule.
    During the season, you can simply click on Top Stories > Scores to see any particular weeks full Thurs.~Sat. schedule w/ tv & times.
    You should be able to subscribe to the calendar with the XML link with most modern calendar apps, I'm guessing you're using Google Calendar since you have Android phones. The iCal link allow for importing to certain calendar apps, the HTML link is just for viewing the calendar.

gCal = Google Calendar
    gApps = Google Apps (Google hosting of your domain)
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default Re: College Bowl Schedule (Outlook/CSV, iCal, HTML, XML, gCal files & links) (Updated for 2012-13)

I just updated the original post, 2013-14 .csv import files are attached to the initial post and the bowl gCal (XML, iCAL, HTML) is now updated.

Mods - I updated the thread title to reflect the 2013-14 updates with the "Go Advanced" button, but the new title isn't showing up, please help.

Go Jackets!,
    Brian
    Thanked by:
    acroswel likes this.

Default Re: College Bowl Schedule (Outlook/CSV, iCal, HTML, XML, gCal files & links) (Updated for 2012-13)

It appears the MST start time for the Rose Bowl on Jan 1 is incorrect on the iCal link. All others appear correct, but I think you might have the EST start time on the MST file (and also on the iCal link.... it's showing starting at 5pm MST when it shoudl be 3pm MST.

Could you correct this on the iCal link so it flows to my device correctly?

Many thanks!
    Great calendar!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

bpredd thanks for the heads up, it should be fixed now.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

The 2014-15 bowl schedule has been published to the Google Calendar feed, use the links in the original post to subscribe.

For those that want to import the bowls into your calendar app of choice, the .csv files are attached here. See the initial post for instructions on how to import (or refer to you calendar app's help files).

Please let me know if there are any errors or issues with the files or the shared Google calendar..

Congrats to all those with teams in the first ever bowl championship.

Go Jackets! (we were so close to knocking off the Seminoles)
    Brian

p.s. Mods - please grant me access to edit the initial post (including attachments and the thread title)
    Attached Files Attached Files