Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dewmik
  • 1 Post By dewmik
  • 1 Post By tony bag o donuts
  • 1 Post By tony bag o donuts
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Daytona 500

Anyway to catch updates on the 500 today?
    I will be at a devils game while the race is on!

Default Re: Daytona 500

Text NASCAR to SPEED3 (773333) to get text updates on your phone or just go to NASCAR.com from your browsers to see the live leaderboard.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I love the live leaderboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I just hit refresh every 5 minutes. Sucks I have to work today and will miss it. Wish a good app would come out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I hope you got to see it OP. It was a hell of a race.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I switched between that and the devils game...
    when JPM hit the dryer...after 20 mins I went to bed...
    I got to see my two hockey games and most of the race so it was a success.

You do know the NJD used to be the Colorado Rockies. Been following them since I was a kid. Now it's a tie personal favorite tie between them and the Av's
    As far as the race you missed a great ending. I was surprised at Biffel. The way I always new Daytona is you would run over your own mother for a win. But it was a good race over all.
    The only time I remember a car hitting a service truck was at (I think) the Rock someone hit an ambulance when they spun out into the grass then through the wall. That was of course before safer barriers.
    This hit with JPM was huge dangerous. He didn't really do anything wrong though. He told his pit he had a vibration on acceleration. NASCAR waved him around so he was supposed to be going faster then the field under caution to catch the back. He let off the gas before his spotters station and hit the gas again for the spotter to see what the car was doing. That's when he went slidways into the dryer.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I heard the trailing arms in rear of his (JPM) car broke and that's why he had no control. I felt worse about the engine blowing up in the 24.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I don't like how they are frozen when the caution comes out instead of racing back, yet they let others speed up to catch up to the pace car when it's out.

I like that the field is frozen, but then when safety crews are out, there has to be like a pit road speed that people are allowed to use instead of opening up to get back to the pack.

Get rid of the lucky dog too and go back to racing.

GB screwed Jr. over. Yes teammates help each other but at big races, I thought it's go for it if you can. Kenseth had the better car then Jr and HMS anyhow.
    dewmik likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by dewmik View Post
    You do know the NJD used to be the Colorado Rockies. Been following them since I was a kid. Now it's a tie personal favorite tie between them and the Av's
    As far as the race you missed a great ending. I was surprised at Biffel. The way I always new Daytona is you would run over your own mother for a win. But it was a good race over all.
    The only time I remember a car hitting a service truck was at (I think) the Rock someone hit an ambulance when they spun out into the grass then through the wall. That was of course before safer barriers.
    This hit with JPM was huge dangerous. He didn't really do anything wrong though. He told his pit he had a vibration on acceleration. NASCAR waved him around so he was supposed to be going faster then the field under caution to catch the back. He let off the gas before his spotters station and hit the gas again for the spotter to see what the car was doing. That's when he went slidways into the dryer.
    Mel Bridgeman, your captain of the NJ Devils!!!!!!
    dewmik likes this.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    33,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Mel Bridgeman, your captain of the NJ Devils!!!!!!
    When the Rockies were around Mel was playing for another team. I still remember when the Flyers drafted him. He JUST missed the Cup years! Actually his rookie season the Flyers lost to the Habs. Before the results the slogan for that season for the Flyers was Hatrick in 76!

As a side note the Rockies started out their life as the Kansas City Scouts.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!