The future of Pacquiao

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've all heard by now the news of the knockout felt around the world on December 8th. Being a hardcore Pacquiao fan myself, I was extremely saddened by the outcome of the fight. I was in denial that my idol was on the canvas unconscious. I hear a lot of talk of Pacquiao's future, and I see many thinking that he should stop and retire.

I don't know, I don't think it's time quite yet. This is only the second KO loss of his career, and I'm sure he has enough left in him to put up a few more fights. It's just he has too many distractions (politics, media, etc.) and I think if he took a break from those things, we'd be getting fights like Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito. What are your thoughts?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry had to post

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364010615961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364010615961.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 46

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
great fighter but lets be honest he is not on floyds level

I think a few years ago, he was probably in a good position to beat Floyd. Probably not now though. Seems to have more going on in his life with politics. Would have loved to see a Floyd/Pac fight probably about 3 years ago. Would have been a great fight.

Now we have two fighters no longer in their prime. However I would love to see either Manny or Floyd fight Gennady Golovkin. I think Golovkin would beat them both.

techboys

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be good for them to fight for the sake of people wanting this to happen.. after that win or lose.. they made so much already..in this sport

RepairLync

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Well there were talks of this happening on May 2, but it was shot down. Not sure if it'll ever happen now that they're getting way over their prime.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well there were talks of this happening on May 2, but it was shot down. Not sure if it'll ever happen now that they're getting way over their prime.

Mayweather had a small interview where the called out Manny for a May 2 date, but I don't think anything will happen.

I don't think we're going to see the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight ever. Which is embarrassing and shameful for the sport. That's like Ali never fighting Frazier.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
5 more days.

This is probably the last "Superfight" for a while. Boxing's popularity has taken a nose dive as MMA rose.

Go Manny!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
5 more days.

This is probably the last "Superfight" for a while. Boxing's popularity has taken a nose dive as MMA rose.

Go Manny!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood