Go USA Hockey!!!!!

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I hate shootouts in general....hockey, soccer, just an unfair way to win. With that said, good game....but go Team Canada ;)

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to be cynical, but when USA wins an Olympic gold in Hockey on those rare occasions when it happens, they act like they're now the greatest hockey champions of all time :-!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate shootouts in general....hockey, soccer, just an unfair way to win. With that said, good game....but go Team Canada ;)

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

I have to agree. Shootouts suck anyway I look at them. In fact I hate them, period! But am just loving international hockey of this caliber. The playoffs should be awesome.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I love the way the same player can take repeat shots for the shootout in international hockey. The stars really shine with the whole world watching and its quite breathtaking to take in. I was fascinated with the confidence of the shootout players. I find it a heck of a lot more exciting than shootouts in soccer.

I think Sweden and Russia will advance to the semis and the US and Canada on the other side. I am so tired of the US losing to Canada that I almost wish we were in the other bracket. We'll still have to beat -- my guess -- Czech Republic first.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. Shootouts suck anyway I look at them. In fact I hate them, period! But am just loving international hockey of this caliber. The playoffs should be awesome.

Same here on all counts. Shootout is a crap shoot. Wish they'd just go back to a tie result if no one scores in OT. But yes, Olympic hockey is a joy to watch.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh dear, where do I begin.... It is like team USA didn't even show up in the bronze medal game. Almost like they gave up.....Parise has not been a great leader, Kane can't buy a goal, Quick has been sensational except in the Bronze game with absolutely no goal support. I think team usa thinks it is illegal to go to the front of the net. It's hard to score when you have to shoot every shot from the perimeter with noone in front to redirect or feed off the rebounds. What a disaster in the play-offs. I did like the game against canada, but where is the heart and the blue collar work ethic now? what a disaster. Kudos to canada for a great game and good luck against sweden, cause you're gonna need it! Should be an epic gold medal game!

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
A lot of it must be mental. You get knocked out of the Gold medal and you just lose your spirit and focus though the Finns were in the same boat. Kudos to Teemu Selanne. Quite amazing he is out there scoring at age 43. I was hoping he'd get a third goal at the end. I hope the Ducks win the Stanley Cup this year and he scores a goal or two. Unlikely, but it'd quite a end his career to have both the Bronze and another Stanley Cup.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A lot of it must be mental. You get knocked out of the Gold medal and you just lose your spirit and focus though the Finns were in the same boat. Kudos to Teemu Selanne. Quite amazing he is out there scoring at age 43. I was hoping he'd get a third goal at the end. I hope the Ducks win the Stanley Cup this year and he scores a goal or two. Unlikely, but it'd quite a end his career to have both the Bronze and another Stanley Cup.

Better yet Kimmo Timmonen with his Bronze and a shunned Claude Giroux win the Cup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38