Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By droidman2177
  • 1 Post By jdbii
  • 2 Post By pkcable
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    USA DEFEATS RUSSIA IN SHOOTOUT! Any thoughts about the tourney or the best game so far?
  2. #2  
    pgg101's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    I hate shootouts in general....hockey, soccer, just an unfair way to win. With that said, good game....but go Team Canada

    Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
  3. #3  
    xchange's Avatar

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Sorry to be cynical, but when USA wins an Olympic gold in Hockey on those rare occasions when it happens, they act like they're now the greatest hockey champions of all time
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.
  4. #4  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    Sorry to be cynical, but when USA wins an Olympic gold in Hockey on those rare occasions when it happens, they act like they're now the greatest hockey champions of all time
    Canada has a hockey team?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    yeah, ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    Sorry to be cynical, but when USA wins an Olympic gold in Hockey on those rare occasions when it happens, they act like they're now the greatest hockey champions of all time
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pgg101 View Post
    I hate shootouts in general....hockey, soccer, just an unfair way to win. With that said, good game....but go Team Canada

    Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
    I have to agree. Shootouts suck anyway I look at them. In fact I hate them, period! But am just loving international hockey of this caliber. The playoffs should be awesome.
  7. #7  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    I love the way the same player can take repeat shots for the shootout in international hockey. The stars really shine with the whole world watching and its quite breathtaking to take in. I was fascinated with the confidence of the shootout players. I find it a heck of a lot more exciting than shootouts in soccer.

    I think Sweden and Russia will advance to the semis and the US and Canada on the other side. I am so tired of the US losing to Canada that I almost wish we were in the other bracket. We'll still have to beat -- my guess -- Czech Republic first.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by droidman2177 View Post
    I have to agree. Shootouts suck anyway I look at them. In fact I hate them, period! But am just loving international hockey of this caliber. The playoffs should be awesome.
    Same here on all counts. Shootout is a crap shoot. Wish they'd just go back to a tie result if no one scores in OT. But yes, Olympic hockey is a joy to watch.

    Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
  9. #9  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Nicely done Canada (both games). Good luck against Sweden. Oh well, maybe in four...........
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Oh dear, where do I begin.... It is like team USA didn't even show up in the bronze medal game. Almost like they gave up.....Parise has not been a great leader, Kane can't buy a goal, Quick has been sensational except in the Bronze game with absolutely no goal support. I think team usa thinks it is illegal to go to the front of the net. It's hard to score when you have to shoot every shot from the perimeter with noone in front to redirect or feed off the rebounds. What a disaster in the play-offs. I did like the game against canada, but where is the heart and the blue collar work ethic now? what a disaster. Kudos to canada for a great game and good luck against sweden, cause you're gonna need it! Should be an epic gold medal game!
    jdbii likes this.
  11. #11  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    585 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    A lot of it must be mental. You get knocked out of the Gold medal and you just lose your spirit and focus though the Finns were in the same boat. Kudos to Teemu Selanne. Quite amazing he is out there scoring at age 43. I was hoping he'd get a third goal at the end. I hope the Ducks win the Stanley Cup this year and he scores a goal or two. Unlikely, but it'd quite a end his career to have both the Bronze and another Stanley Cup.
    droidman2177 likes this.
  12. #12  
    pkcable's Avatar
    CrackBerrian

    Posts
    856 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,840 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

    Default Re: Go USA Hockey!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    A lot of it must be mental. You get knocked out of the Gold medal and you just lose your spirit and focus though the Finns were in the same boat. Kudos to Teemu Selanne. Quite amazing he is out there scoring at age 43. I was hoping he'd get a third goal at the end. I hope the Ducks win the Stanley Cup this year and he scores a goal or two. Unlikely, but it'd quite a end his career to have both the Bronze and another Stanley Cup.
    Better yet Kimmo Timmonen with his Bronze and a shunned Claude Giroux win the Cup!
    Rich C. (PKcable)

    Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
    droidman2177 and jdbii like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:07 AM
  2. all sound going through earpiece
    By betito84 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:52 PM
  3. Reboot loop can't go into recovery
    By Apache Wang in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 05:12 AM
  4. Is my charger going bad?
    By stackberry369 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 12:38 PM
  5. Galaxy S4 is not going into deep sleep
    By psbbs in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

B