before i go to sprint, any advice?

Duby1186

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
ive come to notice that my front camera on my epic is not working properly. only half of the screen will show what im taking a picture of and even when i snap the picture, it still only comes out with half the image. the other half is grey and blurry. i plan to odin back to stock and take it to sprint to see what they can do. fix or replace it. i was wondering what i should or shouldnt do after i odin back. should i redownload my apps or backups? or should i just restore my data for calendar and contacts ect?

if they replace the phone, and i login to my google account on market on new device, will all the apps i have downloaded be stored for redownload? same with titanium back up. i have the free version. do i need the paid version inorder to really restore backups on the new device?

i do know if i odin back im no longer rooted and not all apps will download but i dont want to mess up saved info or apps by passing those inmportant ones ill need later when i re root.

any advice would be great thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
ive come to notice that my front camera on my epic is not working properly. only half of the screen will show what im taking a picture of and even when i snap the picture, it still only comes out with half the image. the other half is grey and blurry. i plan to odin back to stock and take it to sprint to see what they can do. fix or replace it. i was wondering what i should or shouldnt do after i odin back. should i redownload my apps or backups? or should i just restore my data for calendar and contacts ect?

if they replace the phone, and i login to my google account on market on new device, will all the apps i have downloaded be stored for redownload? same with titanium back up. i have the free version. do i need the paid version inorder to really restore backups on the new device?

i do know if i odin back im no longer rooted and not all apps will download but i dont want to mess up saved info or apps by passing those inmportant ones ill need later when i re root.

any advice would be great thank you!

Yes take your device in. Sounds like the front lens could of shifted and is being slightly blocked or something causing the messed up image.

Odin back, that will save any hassles and make your back ups with Titanium and MyBackup Root.

Once your back on stock just get it serviced/repaired/replaced and then when your back home you can log back into the Android Market via computer and use that to restore the apps you had or root and then restore your apps/data using Titanium or MyBackup Root.

I usually recommend only data restores, manually re download your apps to cut down on any chances of conflicts or corrupted files.

Thats about it... You already had a good idea of what to do ;)

Duby1186

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Was this the case since the beginning or after you installed the rom?
It was after I tried new roms. I don't think it was from a rom tho. Epics had a couple falls but I don't use front cam often. Little surprised when I found out it went bad tho. So not sure what it was really. Just glad its fixed

Sent from my Epic 4g using TapaTalk

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Get a HTC phone.. Not really a Sprint problem. More of a Samsung issue with getting updates. The Total Equipment protection program is worth having on your phone if you have any problems they will take care of your phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC maybe good on software updates but ask any repair tech and they see probably more HTC phones coming in for repairs than Samsung devices. I have seen this posted here and even told the same from my local repair reps... Great software updates but the hardware doesn't stack up...

To me, I will deal with software.. Custom ROMs resolves that for me, but if you don't have a solid hardware base it doesn't matter how good the software is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo