JUST got my Epic 4G

silx29#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I know i'm a year late, but i just received my epic 4g couple days ago. Coming from a blackberry, i can't believe i chose blackberry bold over EVO and Epic.

I wasn't even suppose to get an upgrade until next year because of sprint's new premier status (gold/silver). However, i received a phone call from sprint last week if i wanted to upgrade my phone. When i heard that i just made an impulse purchase. I am regretting it now though, knowing that samsung galaxy 2 is coming out sometime soon, and rumors of epic2...

so i have a question for you guys,
should i return my epic and wait for the sg2 or epic2? plus i just read the first review of the photon and that phone looks good too haha. looking at the possible specs of the them, they blow my epic away.

i am satisfied with my epic (of course i would be, i had a crackberry). I just dont know what to dooooo
actually, the only thing that bugs me about my epic is the inconsistency of the 4g signal. I am located in San Francisco so i feel like i should be getting pretty constant 4g signal. Maybe newer 4g devices have better radio?

thanks.

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my epic about 2 months ago (a little over now) I'm completely satisfied coming from the pre-, but the GSII and epic II have a bunch of promise to them, depends on if you just want a good phone, or the latest and greatest.

I also got a really good phone for 99 dollars instead of 249.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The phone's radio (signal) really won't have too much to do with it. Yes it will some but the signal quality lies more on Sprint or the carrier of choice than it does the hardware/device.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Epic a couple months ago too. It's a very solid device. I came from a long line of BB's and came to Android with the Samsung Intercept (The anemic little brother of the Epic), and quickly went with the higher power of the Epic when it dropped to free at bestbuy for a week. I was planning on getting either the Nexus S4g, or the Epic. I don't regret getting it then compared to spending a couple hundred on a more powerful unit (photon/gs2/evo3d). The Epic is a very solid device, the Epic2 is rumored to be not as compelling of an upgrade over the Epic. But if you want to go all out now, the Photon or 3D both look top notch. There is always something more powerful coming out. So if you pull the trigger and get the Photon or GS2, the new models will be out a few months after that...

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Also, depends on how many are on, pulling bandwidth. For example, in Seattle, Wa area, at noon pst, on my Epic....

3g is 91 kbps down, 555 kbps up
4g is 8448 kbps down, 1402 kbps up
wifi is 3434 kbps down, 1364 kbps up

As you can see, a lot more peeps are on 3g this time of day than are on 4g. Similar results on my Evo 4g.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles