Memory App?

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that tells me how much memory is being used on my phone? I have 440mb out of 498 free. Yet, i dont have that many apps - most have been moved to the SD card but specifically, am trying to see how much memory my SMS history is taking up. I have several SMS "chats" which contain work related information along with images. Where can i see if my sms data is actually the culprit of the memory hog and if this could be why my phone slows down a notch once in a while.

Thanks!
B

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
any free apps worth mentioning? i just got a low memory message warning. cleaned cache files, etc. i just need to see if my SMS messages are taking up my memory.

Thanks!
B

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
no dice. I'm looking for something that will show what is eating up my memory.

for example, for windows, you can use sequoia view. it showed the blocks, what's using it, and how much space.

norton's didnt help. seemed like it worked mainly with third party apps. I'm trying to find how much memory my text messages are using.

Thanks!
Brian

jimweda

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app that tells me how much memory is being used on my phone? I have 440mb out of 498 free. Yet, i dont have that many apps - most have been moved to the SD card but specifically, am trying to see how much memory my SMS history is taking up. I have several SMS "chats" which contain work related information along with images. Where can i see if my sms data is actually the culprit of the memory hog and if this could be why my phone slows down a notch once in a while.

Thanks!
B

Have you tried Elixir 2? Free app and gives tons of information and will also let you generate reports which seems to have every piece of info you could ask for. I've had it installed for over a week now and no issues whatsoever. If you can't find info in there I'm not sure where else to look. Hope it helps. Get it at the Android Market. There are two versions 2 being the newest of course.

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007