Don't see device via USB in Windows 7

dr3x

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Tried lots of different USB cables and updated drivers but Windows 7 doesn't see the device.

Used to see the device but no longer, not sure what changed.

Need to be able to deploy apps to the device and also pull files off of the SD card.

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had this same issue. I heard a suggestion by downloading PDANet and putting that on your computer then making the connection to your device.

I haven't personally tried it but I know some have had good success with it.

Bottom line Samsung needs to write some new drivers that are "optimized" for Windows 7. Period.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Also, don't use the charger cable that came with the phone, it only works well with WinXP. Use another [higher quality] 2.0 USB cable. Win 7 is sticky about that.

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My charger cable is the only one (of three) that works on my Win 7 machine. I have downloaded the USB drivers from Sammy's site & reloaded them a few times. I keep the zip file where I can find it easily. Usually it works fine but ... seems like there's something not quite right in there (USB drivers, that is).

giarc25

Jan 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
Mine used to work too, but now it don't. I am betting it was some kind of Windows Update that screwed it up for us. If we could figure out which one, we could uninstall it and it would probably go back to working again.

woodyg8

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Plug your phone into the computer if it only shows charging turn your phone off then back on. Remember to leave the phone pluged in the entire time. This has worked fo me every time on win7 and vista